• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Grips/Let's talk about 'dem hands

davos

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

The most important aspect for QB is release time.  Hand size don’t matter if release time is amazing.

Pickett actually have a pretty decent release time.  He also got good fit and movement in the pocket.

Not saying this is the most important but there are countless times during a game where a QB will have to tuck it, pump fake, try to slither out of an arm swat, hold on during an almost-sack, lots of scenarios.  I just find it a concern/flaw you can't really fix which makes him a no-go for me.  You're basically owning a guy who can easily cough it up and needs to wear 2 gloves.   

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I hate to go to the hand size argument but I can’t see how this would jive with Rhules analytic reasoning.  BC can’t be a LT because he has arms a 1/4 inch shorter than an elite LT. If that’s your analytical approach then wouldn’t the rational and consistent reasoning cause you pass on Pickett because of his hand size? 

He will use the same analytics that convinced him that Darnold is basically a rookie.