• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper in the War room on draft day.

DaveThePanther2008

It's been stated many times that Tepper won't give his vote of confidence to Rhule.  Many on here believe that Rhule may sell the farm to bolster his chances of staying beyond 2023.   Rhule has ultimate control which scares the crap out of many of us.  

Do you think Tepper will be in the war room on draft day like he was last year?

More importantly do you think he'll nix any trades that jeopardizes our future?  (ie 2023 and beyond 1st round picks)

In 2010 Hurney almost traded away our 2011 (Cam) pick but couldn't find any takers (praise god).   I sure as hell will be furious if he trades that pick away and we end up in the top 5 next year.   It would suck to see a team on the cusp of a championship end up getting a top 5 pick because Rhule sold out in 2022. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Owners are usually in the draft room right?

Yeah as they should be.  Many don't get involved and are there for the press more than anything.

I think Tepper needs to be there and ensure he doesn't screw the future.   Rhule may ruin his season Tepper needs to ensure he doesn't ruin the franchise for years to come. 

yes he will 100% be there

long as 2023 picks are safe i honestly don’t give 2 shits what happens, Rhule is gone next year anyways and there isn’t enough cap to make a monstrous mistake contract/cap wise

with all that has spent on Darnold, I don’t see how it’s not obvious that’s the guy Rhule needs to be (and had chosen to be) the qb personally I feel much more was spent on him than TB, picks are not cap, they’re worth so much more. Rhule set himself up like this, let’s not let him set up the new regimen for failure

so again, long as those picks and cap are safe for the next regimen who cares

if future picks are allowed to be traded, I’m pretty much checked out for a while, just no point

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

It would be a surprise if he isn't in the room. I bet we won't see a chopped up hype video like we did last offseason. The atmosphere is likely to be considerably more grim.

Last year Tepper made a point that we should never lose on a trade.  (ie value points even or in our favor) This year he truly needs to protect the franchise's future picks.

If Rhule wants to trade down and get a couple extra picks I can see Tepper going with the flow but beyond that.  He'd have a say.  

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

long as 2023 picks are safe i honestly don’t give 2 shits what happens, Rhule is gone next year anyways and there isn’t enough cap to make a monstrous mistake contract/cap wise

with all that has spent on Darnold, I don’t see how it’s not obvious that’s the guy Rhule needs to be (and had chosen to be) the qb personally I feel much more was spent on him than TB, picks are not cap, they’re worth so much more. Rhule set himself up like this, let’s not let him set up the new regimen for failure

if future picks are allowed to be traded, I’m pretty much checked out for a while, just no point

That is my worry.  If he trades away our future to save his ass.  We're fug'd.

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Yeah as they should be.  Many don't get involved and are there for the press more than anything.

I think Tepper needs to be there and ensure he doesn't screw the future.   Rhule may ruin his season Tepper needs to ensure he doesn't ruin the franchise for years to come. 

I would love to see inside there and Rhule says we taking this guy Tep I don’t care what u say. Then Tep lays a beat down on Rhule and says ur fired bitch!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It would be a surprise if he isn't in the room. I bet we won't see a chopped up hype video like we did last offseason. The atmosphere is likely to be considerably more grim.

He'll be there but I'm not sure he will interfere with rule's picks.  I hope Dan Morgan is there and has authority to override rule.

12 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I understand but I hope we get lucky with our choices.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ThPantherFan said:

He'll be there but I'm not sure he will interfere with rule's picks.  I hope Dan Morgan is there and has authority to override rule.

I don't have an issue with how he manages with the picks he has.  Whether trading up or down but I do (Hopefully Tepper does too) have a huge issue with Rhule playing with future picks. 

• Beer 2

23 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's been stated many times that Tepper won't give his vote of confidence to Rhule.  Many on here believe that Rhule may sell the farm to bolster his chances of staying beyond 2023.   Rhule has ultimate control which scares the crap out of many of us.  

Do you think Tepper will be in the war room on draft day like he was last year?

More importantly do you think he'll nix any trades that jeopardizes our future?  (ie 2023 and beyond 1st round picks)

In 2010 Hurney almost traded away our 2011 (Cam) pick but couldn't find any takers (praise god).   I sure as hell will be furious if he trades that pick away and we end up in the top 5 next year.   It would suck to see a team on the cusp of a championship end up getting a top 5 pick because Rhule sold out in 2022. 

Yeah, Tepper will be in the room. I don't think he'll nix any trades though. He seems to either truly believe in Rhule or wants to be proven he made the right choice in hiring him.