• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elden Ring

Shocker

13 hours ago, MickMixon'sMetaphors said:

Nice progress fellas!

As for me, I’m enjoying ng+. You go in so overpowered. It’s fun just wrecking face. Feels like payback compared to the slog you went through for months. It will get tough again as I advance of course. 

I have bumped up int. Been casting some spells. Not feeling it as much still. Kind of using the character more like a spell sword. Magic at range then swapping in the great sword. Pretty fun setup. 

I have tried a bit of both, so far i like the faith based spells better than the INT ones. Black Flame in particular is great for boss fights. It does the base dmg of the spell + and additional 2-5% of the enemies total health. Blessings boon is also kind of useful to help when you get poisoned or any of the other debuffs that deal damage. 

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I have Faith at thirty with gear and talismans and this Winged Scythe is just destroying everything.  Love this weapon right now.  Also leveling the Grave Scythe at the moment.  These reapers are crazy good in this game

Yea that winged scythe is a pretty good weapon. 

Edited by PootieNunu

17 hours ago, Floppin said:

I used the winged scythe for a pretty decent stretch early on. I've respec'd multiple times around various weapons but to this point Eleonora's Poleblade has been my favorite by far.

Another great weapon. There are so many different weapons that are viable to use for the entire game.

4 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Another great weapon. There are so many different weapons that are viable to use for the entire game.

Having fun with this one…I have the Grave Scythe to +10 with Poison Ash of War and it gets 95 poison rating.  2-3 hits poisons like anything.  Add the major damage this thing is nasty.

The weapon art on the Ash sprays a poison mist.  lol.  Invaders have like no chance.  Poison and run away

Edited by Shocker

I learned the Ash of Wars can change "elements" or scaling way too late in my first playthrough.  I was already at the Leyndell capital (ugh).  Initially, I thought they only added the skill listed, so I never really cared much.  I purposely tried to avoid the internet on this game to truly explore and immerse.  Once I got stuck a bit, I had to finally break down and read some things.  That's when I learned the REAL power of the ashes.

I also regret not buying a shitton of smithing stones before starting NG+. You can't get the later bell barings untli late game, so all new weapons I want to try are stuck at +12 normal or +4-5 (w/e) special.

I thought about rolling the winged scythe.  I read a lot about it online. 

I haven't messed with poison weapons yet because the scaling damage takes a huge hit for me.  But as I grow all my stats up, that won't be as big a deal.

What's nice about the game is you can eventually have all stats at 50, 60, or even 99 if you have the patience!

34 minutes ago, MickMixon'sMetaphors said:

I learned the Ash of Wars can change "elements" or scaling way too late in my first playthrough.  I was already at the Leyndell capital (ugh).  Initially, I thought they only added the skill listed, so I never really cared much.  I purposely tried to avoid the internet on this game to truly explore and immerse.  Once I got stuck a bit, I had to finally break down and read some things.  That's when I learned the REAL power of the ashes.

I also regret not buying a shitton of smithing stones before starting NG+. You can't get the later bell barings untli late game, so all new weapons I want to try are stuck at +12 normal or +4-5 (w/e) special.

I thought about rolling the winged scythe.  I read a lot about it online. 

I haven't messed with poison weapons yet because the scaling damage takes a huge hit for me.  But as I grow all my stats up, that won't be as big a deal.

What's nice about the game is you can eventually have all stats at 50, 60, or even 99 if you have the patience!

Yeah, you can add and remove Ash of War at will to try things.  You probably know that but I initially thought once you put the Ash on a weapon it was permanent.  Nope, they can be swapped out at will.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shocker said:

So for those folks that have completed the game what would you rate it?  Just wondering 

It's top 5 for me, possibly even top 3 but I don't want to put too much thought into what games would round out that list for me.

I'll say this, it's the only game in a really, really long time that I haven't taken a break on about 3/4th of the way through and then gone back and finished around a month later. I'm talking about longer games, mind you (single player games under 20 hours don't affect me in that way.) Witcher 3...I took a break. RDR2...I took a break. Never finished HZD even though I got pretty far and I know it's a good game. Elden Ring kept me hooked for the full 95 hours that I played it over the course of a month and I immediately wanted to start over when I finished.

• Pie 2

58 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

It's top 5 for me, possibly even top 3 but I don't want to put too much thought into what games would round out that list for me.

I'll say this, it's the only game in a really, really long time that I haven't taken a break on about 3/4th of the way through and then gone back and finished around a month later. I'm talking about longer games, mind you (single player games under 20 hours don't affect me in that way.) Witcher 3...I took a break. RDR2...I took a break. Never finished HZD even though I got pretty far and I know it's a good game. Elden Ring kept me hooked for the full 95 hours that I played it over the course of a month and I immediately wanted to start over when I finished.

Cool, thanks for the feedback.  I think I have it top 5 for sure even though I haven't finished it.