• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elden Ring

Shocker

I love the game myself but I haven’t decided I like it better than any of the other From games I’ve played.  Never loved open world games for the most part but this game is great.  Immersion isn’t as good as previous games.   Just my opinion 

Edited by Shocker

I get that people like that its HARD. I think thats part of the 'flex' of the game that because you cannot adjust the difficulty. So if you are good, you are good! and I respect that. 

But Im a dad with a day job and I get limited time to play so when I play I like to enjoy myself. Maybe that makes me not as hardcore as some of you, and thats cool. 

9 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I get that people like that its HARD. I think thats part of the 'flex' of the game that because you cannot adjust the difficulty. So if you are good, you are good! and I respect that. 

But Im a dad with a day job and I get limited time to play so when I play I like to enjoy myself. Maybe that makes me not as hardcore as some of you, and thats cool. 

Understand and I hate folks bragging about the difficulty.  Its more about experience than difficulty.  Anyway, I definitely wouldn’t judge all FromSoftware games by this one.  It is a totally different animal.  Also, if you pick up another From game don’t start with Sekiro.  Amazing game but for me at least it was hard as nails on another level.

Dark Souls 3 would be a suggestion as it is the most linear of their games and for the most part totally manageable in difficulty 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

It's just that people find enjoyment in different ways. I'm a father of two and work around 60hrs a week. This game is relaxing to me. If I really struggle with piece of the content I just go do something else in the game and come back to it. But even so, the challenge doesn't bother me, I find some sort of peace in the process but I get that it's not like that for everyone.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Shocker said:

I love the game myself but I haven’t decided I like it better than any of the other From games I’ve played.  Never loved open world games for the most part but this game is great.  Immersion isn’t as good as previous games.   Just my opinion 

It's all subjective, I personally only truly love open world games and just don't like linear games near as much, the forced choice of direction is just something that I really don't like. It's been like that since I was a kid. Zelda a Link to the Past on SNES was a game changer for me and I've been in love with open world for 30 years haha.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Floppin said:

It's all subjective, I personally only truly love open world games and just don't like linear games near as much, the forced choice of direction is just something that I really don't like. It's been like that since I was a kid. Zelda a Link to the Past on SNES was a game changer for me and I've been in love with open world for 30 years haha.

Thats cool…to each his own.  I find the travel aspect takes away from focus and immersion for me.  To me Bloodborne and Dark Souls original are the top of the heap from this developer.  Nit picking as all these games are pretty much masterpiece games.

• Pie 1

On 3/22/2022 at 10:55 PM, CanadianCat said:

On 3/23/2022 at 7:44 AM, Floppin said:

It's just that people find enjoyment in different ways. I'm a father of two and work around 60hrs a week. This game is relaxing to me. If I really struggle with piece of the content I just go do something else in the game and come back to it. But even so, the challenge doesn't bother me, I find some sort of peace in the process but I get that it's not like that for everyone.

Man, this reminds me of a dad group I was in (Dads of Destiny) were we'd all compare how many kids we have and time to play.  

I think one guy said he had 3,800 kids and enough time to hear the opening note of the title screen before he had to leave.  Yes, we were a bunch of dad jokers 😃

I do love my quest markers in some games, it just makes it easier to experience to quality story content (like in the Witcher 3).  From games are wonderful to me.  I love playing, but I never make it far.  Like I had a Dark Souls save where I go to the boss of undertown, died a few times, played something else and never came back...  I tried once and got confused 😃

I'll pick up Elden Ring this summer when I have more time to die repeatedly until I get good or get smart.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Ok... I have changed my tune now.. I progressed a bit further into the game, found a rune farm and now dont die at EVERY encounter. Game is a lot more fun after you open it up, but that takes like 40 hours lol.

Im having a great time now. 

Agree, I have been doing some quests to go get some key items and are helping me a lot.  I tracked down and acquired the Grafted Dragon weapon and the weapon art on this thing is killer.   Helps a ton.  So many things to learn with this game.  Swapping out Ashes of War for certain situations is also very useful.  The game is definitely getting more enjoyable as I get more experience  

• Pie 2

Anyone looking for stat boost do a quest for great runes…here is a great one:  GODRICK'S GREAT RUNE.   Get and activate it.  Raises all stats by 5 after using a rune arc and lasts till you die.  Good stuff

Edited by Shocker

40 minutes ago, MickMixon'sMetaphors said:

I'm countless hours in at this point.  Level 120 ish I believe?  I'm nearing the end of the main quest line.  I'm currently cockblocked by a draconic tree sentinel in Crumbling Azula ha.  Yes, I can run past him, but NO I CANNOT.

ha! 

Ive been cheesing a rune farm (shooting the giant crow across the ravine) so im up to lvl 147 now. 

Now with a vigor of 65 I finally feel like I can go into boss battle on my own and have a chance. I'm playing a samurai melee build, but I need all the health I can get!