• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer's combine presser

Mr. Scot

Just watched it and my takeaways are as follow….

Fitt said we’re not going to force something just to force it…if we’re gonna take him at face value that means the oline no matter what and taking Pickett just because he’s more pro ready even though a Willis or Howell may have a lot more upside *might* not be the lock every one says it is. 

Campen wanted to see more of Brady at LT (who didn’t not named rhule) and Brady has a legit shot at being the LT. I’m not positive we’re absolutely locked in on a LT tbh. Also that they’re very open to trading back. If I’m a better man (and my God am I) I think the most likely scenario is drafting Willis or trading back.

Lastly it seems like Tepper might really be letting every one know that if we don’t win this year heads are gonna roll. You can kinda tell Fitt feels the stress the fans/Tepper are putting on them. All in all a solid straight to the point interview.

Edited by CashNewton22
  • Pie 3

Oh yeah and it seems like they believe the QB  is holding Ian Thomas back if you read between the lines. And Mcadoo identified him as some one he really liked so I’m actually ok with it now. He was a crap head coach but really was a good o coordinator. It seems like Thomas and Luvu got paid also because they’re good locker room guys and we really might need them to keep the team together if this season goes how most think. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CashNewton22 said:

Oh yeah and it seems like they believe the QB  is holding Ian Thomas back if you read between the lines. And Mcadoo identified him as some one he really liked so I’m actually ok with it now. He was a crap head coach but really was a good o coordinator. It seems like Thomas and Luvu got paid also because they’re good locker room guys and we really might need them to keep the team together if this season goes how most think. 

They signed Thomas to that big deal because he was clocked by GPS going down field at 20 mph. Fittermagic!

• Flames 2

6 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

If I’m a better man (and my God am I) I think the most likely scenario is drafting Willis or trading back.

I'd call that wishful thinking, especially as long as Matt Rhule is still in charge and needs to save his ass.

16 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

They signed Thomas to that big deal because he was clocked by GPS going down field at 20 mph. Fittermagic!

I think he was using an example of what they think he can be but yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if it proves to be the terrible signing it appears to be. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd call that wishful thinking, especially as long as Matt Rhule is still in charge and needs to save his ass.

Idk I just disagree on this one. If every one in the room minus Rhule thinks Willis will be elite and Pickett will top out at Kirk cousins I get the feeling he’ll get over ruled by Tepper. I know every thing is all doom and gloom for most but it’s just how I read it. Reasonable minds can disagree!

20 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

If they signed him to that big of a contract because he's a good locker room guy this team is actively trying to lose.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

10 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

Idk I just disagree on this one. If every one in the room minus Rhule thinks Willis will be elite and Pickett will top out at Kirk cousins I get the feeling he’ll get over ruled by Tepper. I know every thing is all doom and gloom for most but it’s just how I read it. Reasonable minds can disagree!

If he didn't overrule them for Justin Fields, what makes you think he'll overrule them for somebody who's nowhere near as good as Justin Fields?

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

11 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If they signed him to that big of a contract because he's a good locker room guy this team is actively trying to lose.

From what Fitterer said, it sounds like the reason they signed him is because McAdoo thinks he can be good.