• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen shoots on Cam & Luke

TheWiz

2 hours ago, TheWiz said:

Greg: Certain guys have different qualities. For the two guys you mention... with Cam. Cam's on-field instincts and his ability to see things in real time and react, is why he was so good for so long. He, and I dont even know if you can coach this. From the day i met him, he would see things. I would come back to him and say "What did you see?" Cam would say, you cut at 8 yards, I need you at 9 yards... flatter; higher... and when you would watch the tape, he would be dead on. He saw things instinctually really really fast. 

Greg: With Luke- He would memorize the entire game before it started. If you ask Luke on a Friday at practice, "what are you thinking at 3rd and 4?" Luke - "Alright well if New Orleans comes out and they got 3 receivers to the boundary and the back is offset to the field, I know that they want to bring the single receiver underneath me to make sure I pulled up and they're going to run Mike Thomas on the back side dig behind me. So Im going to fool the quarterback by staying and then I'm going to open up to field away from the receivers and then I'm going to jump the dig."

Luke Keuchly was the best I've ever been around. 

Its worth seeing because of the reaction and the way Greg explains it. 

Hmmm. Sounds like Cam may be a special talent. Franchise QB level talent. Went to QB school in New England, back to the Panthers.

It was a good 52 fake out. He got the coaching we could never give him and he comes back a stronger man, going through 4-5 reads, patient, bulldozing CB'S and LB'S, breaking records on short notice off his couch last season.

Give this man a training camp with Robby and DJ and the air attack could be formidable again. Add a couple OL and TE though.

I really think you can plug Cam in since he was just here and challenge for the NFCS with this defense and Wilkes back in the building and TE lover McAdoo calling the offense.

If Fitts does want to sit down with Cam as reported the organization is done with "building" and trying to get a FA QB to help them win the South or better. IF they're in the FA market.

I for one find Cam and his legacy more entertaining than the previous, flailing. Much more dynamic, but patient. Moreso than Sam and a lot of other guys. Having him while drafting some big armed 6'4" rookie would be a luxury and allows for legacy to be passed on properly.

• Pie 1

Let Cam be Cam. The coaches kept pushing for him to be a pocket passer like he would have a 20 year career. A scripted and no huddle offense with calls at the LoS was always best for Cam. The more time he had to think through the play he would be slower in delivering a play. He is a read and react QB. They used him completely wrong most of the time and leaned on Cam too late in games. Letting him loose in the first half and keeping him from overthinking was the key and the 2015 performance was the only season they really did that with it sprinkled in during the few years prior. Then they decided going in to the 2016 season that Cam needed to be more of a pocket passer because of the hits he was taking and all the money they gave him.

It was a frustrating period of time to be a Panthers fan. They had the team to be so much more than a 1 time NFC Championship franchise. The front office and coaching staff just rode out the talent built up from the late 2000s and never went all in like they should have done for a 3 to 5 year run from 2013 to 2018. Instead, they were building for the future of being a winning franchise year in and year out and thought it was ridiculous to believe in windows of opportunity.

Well...

Here is that future now!

• Pie 1