• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Deshaun NOW?

Zod

"Don't Go Shopping At The Grocery Store When You're Hungry"

Panthers  ( David Tepper ) are very hungry for a franchise QB .  He's patient enough to get one through the draft  but is there a franchise QB in this draft ?  probably not . We've also seen since seeing the QB's in this years combine,  teams in search for a QB ( Denver , Washington )  have traded for a veteran because this years draft on QB's , just isn't that good,

So the talk is 3 first round picks.  plus other "stuff "  ..   This years first round pick, in a trade for Watson is a no brainer.  But the next two first round picks is where the tire hits the road. 

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Those stats are that of a franchise QB (  top 10 QB ) 

We can draft a QB the next two years and not have someone with stats like that. 

Or we can trade for a Kurt Cousin  or Jimmy Garoppolo etc  and not stats close to that. ( not to mention we have a Sam Darnald as a back up )  So we'll have a QB like this or a QB from this years draft. I don't think either choice is a potential franchise QB ..

So on paper he's worth it.    How much more they trade in the deal is much more debatable.  
CMC is my current favorite player.  But he's also the player with the potential value.  I don't want to have to include any of our young defensive  players.  Shaq Thompson might still have some value and I'd trade him.