• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign Armstead and draft Tyler Linderbaum

RIPTreyLance

7 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Really. Landry was a good player, but I find it similarly difficult to justify a safety in the top 10. Not like the Redskins are a paragon of great drafting over the last 20 years. 

I don't necessarily disagree but someone is about to draft Kyle Hamilton in the top 10 in just over a month. My point is you look for All-Pro level players that will be with your team for the next 10 years. Problem is, it's so difficult to do that, each year there are major busts in the top 10. 

1 minute ago, DTD said:

I don't necessarily disagree but someone is about to draft Kyle Hamilton in the top 10 in just over a month. My point is you look for All-Pro level players that will be with your team for the next 10 years. Problem is, it's so difficult to do that, each year there are major busts in the top 10. 

My point is you look for players who provide you appropriate value, as someone else demonstrated earlier. You are a lot better off trying to find a center somewhere other than the top 10 picks of the first round of the draft than you are a QB, a WR, a LT, a CB, etc. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

And that is the core of the problem. Hence why I just want them to go LT at 6. You have three shots at getting a stellar prospect there, just take a stab at one and not over think it.

Agreed. I would rather get a LT (if one of the top 3 are available) and go from there. It would be nice if we could score the C cut by the Browns.

If we don't get a LT in Free Agency, then that's my #1 hope for the draft. If the LT's are gone, then I wouldn't be upset with Linderbaum at #6 if they did go that route / couldn't find a trade down partner.

21 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Really. Landry was a good player, but I find it similarly difficult to justify a safety in the top 10. Not like the Redskins are a paragon of great drafting over the last 20 years. 

Depends on the Safety: Ed Reed, Troy P, Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, etc are the type of players who you literally have to account for on every snap. I'd take a ball hawking Hall of Fame safety in a heartbeat in today's pass happy NFL.  

11 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

My point is you look for players who provide you appropriate value, as someone else demonstrated earlier. You are a lot better off trying to find a center somewhere other than the top 10 picks of the first round of the draft than you are a QB, a WR, a LT, a CB, etc. 

No doubt. I agree 100%. I'm just saying if you don't think the guys that play those positions are high level I think you go with someone who you think is a lock for the next 10 years. Plug, play, not worry about that position for 10 years. Hopefully, there is one of those top 3 tackles on the board and this is a moot discussion. 

1 minute ago, SCO96 said:

Depends on the Safety: Ed Reed, Troy P, Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, etc are the type of players who you literally have to account for on every snap. I'd take a ball hawking Hall of Fame safety in a heartbeat in today's pass happy NFL.  

Which is why someone is going to draft Hamilton in the top 10...maybe top 5. 

2 minutes ago, DTD said:

Which is why someone is going to draft Hamilton in the top 10...maybe top 5. 

You never know how a player will pan out once he's drafted, but that kid looks really promising.  If we were set at every position on the offensive side of the ball (which unfortunately we aren't), I'd have no problems with us picking Hamilton at #6 and pairing him with Chinn on the backend. We'd arguably have the best safety tandem in the NFL for the next 3-5 years. If Horn and Henderson panned out, we could possibly have the best secondary in in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

You never know how a player will pan out once he's drafted, but that kid looks really promising.  If we were set at every position on the offensive side of the ball (which unfortunately we aren't), I'd have no problems with us picking Hamilton at #6 and pairing him with Chinn on the backend. We'd arguably have the best safety tandem in the NFL for the next 3-5 years. If Horn and Henderson panned out, we could possibly have the best secondary in in the NFL. 

Agreed. Preach!

21 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

Agreed. I would rather get a LT (if one of the top 3 are available) and go from there. It would be nice if we could score the C cut by the Browns.

If we don't get a LT in Free Agency, then that's my #1 hope for the draft. If the LT's are gone, then I wouldn't be upset with Linderbaum at #6 if they did go that route / couldn't find a trade down partner.

I just can't justify taking a C that high. I like him as a prospect but a whiff there is really bad. That is only only bad thing about C, you can't play center well, you aren't an NFL player. A LT miss might be able to play RT or OG and still succeed. 

But, if all else fails.....I wouldn't be mad at the pick. Just upset we couldn't trade down to make it happen.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1