• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons burned a bridge. Are trying to trade Matty Water.

NCTHFL0567

My understanding is, Ryan was willing to delay the restructuring of his contract until Tuesday to give the Falcons time to trade him. The Falcons obviously thought they had Watson in the bag when they made that deal.

Once the Watson deal fell through, Ryan asked for the trade OR a new 3-year deal. Either way, it has to happen today. 

Ryan gets the last laugh.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

My understanding is, Ryan was willing to delay the restructuring of his contract until Tuesday to give the Falcons time to trade him. The Falcons obviously thought they had Watson in the bag when they made that deal.

Once the Watson deal fell through, Ryan asked for the trade OR a new 3-year deal. Either way, it has to happen today. 

Ryan gets the last laugh.

Lol so he asked for the moon or the sun? No one wants to trade anything worthwhile for him and lol on a new 3 year deal when he is barely holding on now. 

PFT suggests that Matty agreed to extend the contract bonus deadline IF the Falcons tried to trade him--I am not sure that makes sense, because they don't have to try hard.  Still, I have to think that the Colts might be interested OR they simply would like to get out of a $50m deal.