• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Neal vs Cross

Mr. Scot

7 hours ago, pantherj said:

I decided to go back and look at Evan again and I just love this guy. His hands are super quick and precise for such a Bigfoot sized human. What a monster, but quick with those hands, quick into his stance, shoots those hands out at just the right time, and has so much power. Great kick step and balance. A dancing bear with his footwork and his super fast hands.

He has the same problem popping up each time I watch him. He is a little vulnerable to a bull rush from big DE. He counters that with great technique, but even then he's going to get pushed back sometimes near the QB. His great technique prevents sacks, but the QB will be hurried/pressured sometimes. He doesn't anchor as well against a big bull rushing DE, so he needs a pro weight room lifting regiment. Get that core stronger.

Neal went to Alabama - a pro weight room won't be much (if any) better than what he's done for 3 years.

Those guys don't tend to make a big leap once they hit the NFL - they're maxed out in College, but at least you know what you're getting.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Neal went to Alabama - a pro weight room won't be much (if any) better than what he's done for 3 years.

Those guys don't tend to make a big leap once they hit the NFL - they're maxed out in College, but at least you know what you're getting.

Neal impresses me as soft. What I mean by that is he's not aggressive or has a mean streak. He seems to rely on his technique and not his strength if that makes ant sense.