• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

14 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

The fact that the Duke fans on here don't understand this is mind blowing. Like their brains don't work correctly 

The smart duke fans are shook. This was their last hurrah with K. No one has any idea what to expect out of Sheyer. Hubert started out shaky but holy poo did he prove his meddle when it counted. The smart duke fans are wondering if Carolina is about to run away with this thing. I've had a couple of my duke fan buddies say that quiet part out loud.

I honestly hope not. Sure, it's be nice to own duke for a bit. But as much as I hate duke this rivalry is fuging FUN and it's fun because both programs are elite.

19 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂

Keep telling yourself that. 😂 😂 😂

It's literally about 0.25% of specifically Duke fans who believe this. The VAST majority of duke fans know better. I've literally heard ZERO poo talk from any duke fans in my circle. That says it all. We talk poo to each other constantly. It's over. Y'all gotta win 30 straight to even begin to say anything ever again. 😂

I literally do not like Duke at all.

19 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

You're so delusional. The only ones that will remember that fifteen point lead is dookies trying to cover their shame. No one else will. 

But EVERYONE will remember what UNC did to coach K in his last game at cameron and his only final four game against them 

I couldn't care less about Duke, and I can tell you that watching the Tar Heels blow that lead is right up there with watching the Falcons blow it.  But I've always had a serious hatred for pretty much all NC college basketball teams because most of their fans are absolute trailer trash.

On 4/6/2022 at 8:58 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

The smart duke fans are shook. This was their last hurrah with K. No one has any idea what to expect out of Sheyer. Hubert started out shaky but holy poo did he prove his meddle when it counted. The smart duke fans are wondering if Carolina is about to run away with this thing. I've had a couple of my duke fan buddies say that quiet part out loud.

I honestly hope not. Sure, it's be nice to own duke for a bit. But as much as I hate duke this rivalry is fuging FUN and it's fun because both programs are elite.

Will have to see what happens next season but if coaching is trash he won't stick around long. They'll bring a big name in and it'll be fine. Would I have loved a Duke natty this year, of course but I'm not devastated that they lost In the final four. Honestly K ending with a .500 record against unc just shows how good the rivalry is. If Duke won and lost to KU it wouldn't have meant a damn thing and I wouldn't be in here pounding my chest that K's last win was against UNC. 

😂 😂 😂

Yeah, if a legendary UNC coach had announced his retirement a year earlier and was embarking on his farewell tour with a team team loaded with three probably lottery picks and four 1st rounders and mediocre duke team led by a rookie head coach with probably no 1st rounders on the roster whipped his ass in his last home game and then beat him out of the Final Four in the midst of a completely improbably title game run, yeah all you duke fans would just be like "no big deal, just normal regular games".

😂 😂 😂

Keep telling yourselves that. You're gonna be hearing about this for the rest of your lives. It's gonna be really maddening for y'all that no one is gonna care that UNC lost to a better KU team in the final game.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, GEM said:

I see we are still at it here. I guess there are worse topics. Glad I live in NC.

Some people are gluttons for punishment seeing that it's butthurt duke fans too butthurt to realize they're in no situation to talk trash anytime sooner who are bumping this thread trying to talk trash. 😂

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Some people are gluttons for punishment seeing that it's butthurt duke fans too butthurt to realize they're in no situation to talk trash anytime sooner who are bumping this thread trying to talk trash. 😂

It's not Krzyzewski University just like it wasn't Smith University.  Life goes on and so will the program.  It might take a few years but Duke isn't all the sudden going to become central Michigan.  Duke failed at their season goal just like unc did.  My idea of a great season isn't beating Carolina 2 out of 3. It's winning a championship. If you want to hang your hat on that duke win and ignore the choke job in the championship go ahead.  Let me guess,  the refs screwed you right? Carolina,  the only team that never loses.  They win or the refs cheat. 

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

It's not Krzyzewski University just like it wasn't Smith University.  Life goes on and so will the program.  It might take a few years but Duke isn't all the sudden going to become central Michigan.  Duke failed at their season goal just like unc did.  My idea of a great season isn't beating Carolina 2 out of 3. It's winning a championship. If you want to hang your hat on that duke win and ignore the choke job in the championship go ahead.  Let me guess,  the refs screwed you right? Carolina,  the only team that never loses.  They win or the refs cheat. 

😂 😂 😂

We were an 8 seed with a rookie head coach playing a 6 man rotation and our two best players were playing on sprained ankles. Y'all were loaded with lottery picks with an all-time great coach. Don't delude yourself into thinking these were equal situations. 

When we faced on in Cameron for K's final home game, y'all were playing for a #1 seed. We were playing for a spot in the field.

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂 😂 😂

We were an 8 seed with a rookie head coach playing a 6 man rotation and our two best players were playing on sprained ankles. Y'all were loaded with lottery picks with an all-time great coach. Don't delude yourself into thinking these were equal situations. 

When we faced on in Cameron for K's final home game, y'all were playing for a #1 seed. We were playing for a spot in the field.

Or yall were a top 20 team to start the year that underachieved all year until March.  

26 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Or yall were a top 20 team to start the year that underachieved all year until March.  

Top 20 teams aren't supposed to get anywhere close to the Final Four. They're 4-6 seeds.

duke fell to their most hated rival in one of the highest Final Four upsets of all time. I realize it's a difficult pill to swallow but talking trash with no leg to stand on isn't gonna help wash it down. 😂