• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB talk with Polian

Shocker

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can't believe people are falling for this. Granted a fifth year when he has a significant age and experience advantage he finally put up good stats. Before he put up JAG stats. When you actually watched him play, he still looked like a JAG. The arm is average. The athleticism measurables don't show up. Here's nothing to get excited about. He's a more mobile Mac Jones physically but Mac Jones is the smarter QB.

This 100%

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can't believe people are falling for this. Granted a fifth year when he has a significant age and experience advantage he finally put up good stats. Before he put up JAG stats. When you actually watched him play, he still looked like a JAG. The arm is average. The athleticism measurables don't show up. Here's nothing to get excited about. He's a more mobile Mac Jones physically but Mac Jones is the smarter QB.

Pickett is the best QB option.  That is completely clear IMO.  Not necessarily the best option overall 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Pickett is the best QB option.  That is completely clear IMO.  Not necessarily the best option overall 

I strongly disagree. I'd take Willis, Howell, and Corral for sure over him. Those are the only three I'd take in the 1st. Pickett would be my #5 behind Ridder and he'd be #6 if it wasn't for Strong's injury concerns. There's just nothing there to get excited about IMO.

• Pie 1

Here is what I am seeing will happen…Willis goes second round.

Pickett and Ridder are the two QBs most likely to go top 15.   Corral goes 2nd round.  Ridder is probably going much earlier than people think.

Willis is the wildcard but I think he drops much lower than people think

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Here is what I am seeing will happen…Willis goes second round.

Pickett and Ridder are the two QBs most likely to go top 15.   Corral goes 2nd round.  Ridder is probably going much earlier than people think.

There's no way Willis doesn't go in the 1st. I think someone falls in love and he goes too 10.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not certain he SHOULD go in the 1st but I'll be shocked if he doesn't.

Pickett shouldn't. He's a more athletic Kyle Trask.

I have to disagree there…much more dynamic than Trask.  Pickett can play.  I do actually worry how much better he is than Darnold but lets face it,  Darnold has never played behind a decent OL.  That is just a fact

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I have to disagree there…much more dynamic than Trask.  Pickett can play.  I do actually worry how much better he is than Darnold but lets face it,  Darnold has never played behind a decent OL.  That is just a fact

Trask was a better college QB he was just physically limited. Pickett's arm isn't any better. He's a better athlete but it doesn't really show up on game day.

He's a prototype 2nd rounder.

Darnold played behind a good OL at USC where he was also plagued by turnover issues. Darnold just isn't a QB. He's a talented thrower of the football but he's not a QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Trask was a better college QB he was just physically limited. Pickett's arm isn't any better. He's a better athlete but it doesn't really show up on game day.

He's a prototype 2nd rounder.

Pickett is talented…more than I thought early on.  He is way more advanced at reading the field than these other QBs.  Decent athleticism too.  Still…if Evan Neal is on the board pick him.  Ikey has big bust potential IMO.  Cross is talented but undersized.  Evan Neal is my pick and I would consider other positions as well.  Do think a move down if Neal is gone would be ideal

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Polian says a lot of the same things I think about what makes a great quarterback. Just being a great athlete who can run fast and throw far isn't enough.

Too many people fall in love with the highlight reels and don't look at the whole picture.

Who do you want?