• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper to speak to media at noon today

jamos14

7 hours ago, KSpan said:

His interlude of laughter and then "regardless of what people may say about me" seemed out of place and could indicate what's on his mind. Struck me as an odd thing to say.

What that clearly told me is that he's aware a pretty solid percentage of the fanbase thinks he's a dipsh-t.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What that clearly told me is that he's aware a pretty solid percentage of the fanbase thinks he's a dipsh-t.

So, numerically, what do you estimate "a solid percentage" to be?

FYI, currently ~2,100 PSL-linked seats are for sale -- this out of a base of ~62,000 seats controlled by PSL holders...

...for those keeping score at home that's 3.4%.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So, numerically, what do you estimate "a solid percentage" to be?

FYI, currently ~2,100 PSL-linked seats are for sale -- this out of a base of ~62,000 seats controlled by PSL holders...

...for those keeping score at home that's 3.4%.

I'd estimate it to be higher than your IQ, but probably still only double digits.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd estimate it to be higher than your IQ, but probably still only double digits.

Put a number to it...

...remember, you said "a pretty solid percentage of the fanbase thinks he's a dipsh-t"...

...please quantify numerically 🤔

Edited by SizzleBuzz

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

As expected... 🤦‍♂️🤣

Sure, given that most people are intellectually able to understand expressions like that.

You think that by asking people to be more specific (when most understand they don't need to be) it somehow helps your argument and/or makes you look smarter.

The reality is that you come off looking more and more like Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy.

But that's not really a surprise 😐

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Sure, given that most people are intellectually able to understand expressions like that.

You think that by asking people to be more specific when they don't need to be, it somehow helps your argument and/or makes you look smarter.

The reality is that you come off looking more and more like Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy.

But that's not really a surprise 😐

3.4% of Tepper's PSL partners are sellers of their tickets...

...in no way does that constitute "a solid percentage", nor is it even remotely close to being outside the normal historical boundaries for this metric...

...step outside your minuscule echo chamber bro and join the real world 👊.

5 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

that was a waste of 32 minutes.

Not really. At least we now know that apparently Tepper has trust in Fitterer and is optimistic about the new injection of experienced staff. We also know that he is outwardly supportive of Rhule even though he mentioned him as somewhat of an afterthought on a few occasions. We know that Tepper is more patient than many thought, and that perhaps all the rumors of Rhule's seat being sizzling hot were perhaps exaggerated. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Basbear said:

Siz did it crush your soul to hear Tepper call himself stupid in public for the second time?

I respected it.

I'd actually agree.

The primary things that I took away from this presser were...

- Scott Fitterer may indeed have supplanted Matt Rhule as the guy with Tepper's ear

- Tepper definitely seems to understand that he's not very popular among the fans

- It might (might) be starting to dawn on him that he's done some stupid sh-t

I will say that even if he understands nothing else, if he does at least realize that he has the lowest football IQ in the room, that's a start.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

3.4% of Tepper's PSL partners are sellers of their tickets...

...in no way does that constitute "a solid percentage", nor is it even remotely close to being outside the normal historical boundaries for this metric...

...step outside your minuscule echo chamber bro and join the real world 👊.

Yeah... None of that means jack sh-t.

I get that you think it does, but it doesn't.

The fanbase is way more than just PSL owners, and looking up stats about what people are doing with their PSLs doesn't give you any strong arguments.

Likewise, consistently high-fiving yourself as if you just won every debate by posting some obscure, meaningless fact when in reality most people are just shaking their heads and rolling your eyes is delusional.

You'd really be a lot better off if you'd stop fooling yourself, quit acting like you're some kind of guru and just accept that you're a casual fan with no special knowledge... exactly like the majority of people here.

You've been told this plenty of times, but you refuse to listen.

As long as that keeps up, people are gonna keep treating you like they do now.

• Beer 1