• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is full of it regarding Darnold

top dawg

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

from cam to Darnold..you guys still take what these people say literally lol

zero understanding of media/coach speak and reading between the lines

man what a rough way to go through life, i bet you all feel utterly betrayed by everyone and everything 

These are the same fools (Scott Fitterer included) that picked up Darnold's fully guaranteed option before he even walked into the building. No teams believe this mess because this regime has no credibility left. All we did today was give other front offices something new to laugh at. But keep thinking this is big brain chess Tepper and Co are playing 😂

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I think they learned a little from the fug up of last year..

When Tepper  crapped on Teddy so bad.. He burned that bridge of Teddy coming back after they failed on Stafford and Watson.  He destroyed all the leverage we had when getting Sam.. And assets we might could have gotten for Teddy..

I think it also may just be that they don't have many or any options at QB. Good free agents don't want to be here. It just kind of is what it is.

Just now, top dawg said:

50 games! 54 TDs! 52 INTs! 29 fumbles! Is that action loud enough for you?

Oh, the irony.

If that easy to figure out ..

Then "saying" Sam is a "Good QB" 

While trying to trade for or draft a QB..

Should be just as easy to understand..

Lmao

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it also may just be that they don't have many or any options at QB. Good free agents don't want to be here. It just kind of is what it is.

That too!! But the crapping on Bridgewater hamstrung this team so bad last offseason..

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

These are the same fools (Scott Fitterer included) that picked up Darnold's fully guaranteed option before he even walked into the building. No teams believe this mess because this regime has no credibility left. All we did today was give other front offices something new to laugh at. But keep thinking this is big brain chess Tepper and Co are playing 😂

just because i don’t encourage anyone to take what the FO (or anyone really) literally doesn’t mean i think they’re intelligent or capable, they can still do so and not know wtf they’re doing

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Just because they made stupid moves in the past doesn't mean they should keep doing them...

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

True. I guess because I cannot understand that line of thinking in life and that I do not see it openly that it could be an issue to someone. Maybe I've become oblivious to it.

I guess I thought sports was well beyond that in regards to players.

Now in coaching? I'm skeptical that the process has been inclusive and as open as it should have and could have. 

It's all stupid anyway.  Of all the things to dislike someone over the color of their skin would be the last thing you could possibly think of.

I work with enough old people all over the country to see and hear enough open racism or thinly veiled racism. 

Back when I gave a poo about trying to change people's minds, I would talk to them about this poo and it almost always boiled down to a learned response(relatives or people they were around growing up) or some event that happened to then and they chose to decide that "those people" were all like that. Seems to be fairly universal across all races or religions for that matter.

Now I just ignore it. It's nothing I care to fight and most of that crowd is old enough that they wouldn't change regardless of the circumstances. 

My general opinion is that they are all headed towards death anyway, so let them die and I just won't have to fuging hear it as much.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That too!! But the crapping on Bridgewater hamstrung this team so bad last offseason..

I think that definitely didn't endear them to prospective free agents across the board. Teddy is a pretty well liked veteran, although he might not be the most skilled guy.

So the owner and coaches dragging him after he just spoke his mind probably didn't sit well with a lot of veteran players.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that definitely didn't endear them to prospective free agents across the board. Teddy is a pretty well liked veteran, although he might not be the most skilled guy.

So the owner and coaches dragging him after he just spoke his mind probably didn't sit well with a lot of veteran players.

The problem was they did it before he spoke his mind..

Remember Tepper was trashing him before the end of the season..

Just now, WOW!! said:

If that easy to figure out ..

Then "saying" Sam is a "Good QB" 

While trying to trade for or draft a QB..

Should be just as easy to understand..

Lmao

He shouldn't have said it because it makes the Panthers appear to be more of a clown show than we already are. It's not rocket science. You can't say someone is a "very good" QB when they have 54 TDs, 52 interceptions and 29 fumbles in 50 games. What you can say is that, "We need to stabilize the position," and we're going to add some competition to that end. That's believable and is "coach-speak", and is even respectable. You say something without appearing to be disingenuous. That's how PR works for those that want to know.

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He shouldn't have said it because it makes the Panthers appear to be more of a clown show than we already are. It's not rocket science. You can't say someone is a "very good" QB when they have 54 TDs, 52 interceptions and 29 fumbles in 50 games. What you can say is that, "We need to stabilize the position," and we're going to add some competition to that end. That's believable and is "coach-speak", and is even respectable. You say something without appearing to be disingenuous. That's how PR works for those that want to know.

Alright dude..

We got it..

Saying anything nice about Sam make you head explode..

• Beer 1