• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston Vs Canes Game 1 Monday 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

50 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I loved the performance but Raanta, but I have to see a road game with the same type of play before considering him consistent he pretty much said himself that he road the crowd energy to that performance.

Exactly. In the end, as the ESPN announcer said. It's just one game. He's not wrong. Sure, the team that wins the first game wins the Series 68% of the time. It's clearly a big game to win, but if we're depending on Raanta for the long haul. Color me skeptical still. 

21 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He put it all on the line. He gave up 3 but luckily Cole and Smith were there to keep it to 1.

I text my buddy that last night, and he's kind of like a poster on here. He said "you just don't want to give him credit. He's been great tonight." I legit laughed at great. He was solid, but not great. 

Just now, Floppin said:

I did earlier. The fact that we only have one player in Aho at 10 is s fuging ridiculous

I mean, statistic wise. Svech is barely top 50 in goals and tied for 51st in points. He's 73rd in Assists. So I understand it from an NHL wide perspective. But Playoff perspective? No. Doesn't make much sense. 

So, noise aside(which was clearly the loudest sustained house in recent years and that’s saying something) we played really really good and had that early in the season look again. Our hits were impeccable but we never lost our cool when we got hit back(in fact correct me if I’m wrong but we got a Boston player tossed for the first 10 minutes of the next game with what? 6 seconds to go? 9?) without drawing a retaliation penalty. We got jibbed by the refs, instead of drowning in the misery the players went ham. Our O tightened up as the game went on and the defense while not great at moments did a really good job keeping everything outside. 

That was a really fun hockey game to watch. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I text my buddy that last night, and he's kind of like a poster on here. He said "you just don't want to give him credit. He's been great tonight." I legit laughed at great. He was solid, but not great. 

Ok. If you can’t enjoy the head stands he was doing, nobody can help you. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Oh word. Guess I should kiss the mans ass for one good game? Got it. Didn't know this was a one game Playoff. 

If you can’t appreciate the performance he put on last night as it’s own singular entity, you are useless and helpless. Even I said he gave up 3, that’s fair, but the saves he did make, especially when you are looking at 25+ shots in the first 30 minutes is quite good and he was laying it out there and playing to the peak of his ability. You can be critical while not being an absolute douche. 

• Flames 3

14 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Oh word. Guess I should kiss the mans ass for one good game? Got it. Didn't know this was a one game Playoff. 

Do you remember yesterday when I told you you’re the most negative canes fan I know? You’re insufferable. You’ll find the Darkside on anything in life it sounds like. Get the fug out of here. The most negative human being on the face of the earth I would imagine. You don’t comment on the game at all yesterday and first thing this morning is negativity. We crushed it yesterday. Raanta crushed it yesterday. Enjoy it or shut the fug up. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

If you can’t appreciate the performance he put on last night as it’s own singular entity, you are useless and helpless. Even I said he gave up 3, that’s fair, but the saves he did make, especially when you are looking at 25+ shots in the first 30 minutes is quite good and he was laying it out there and playing to the peak of his ability. You can be critical while not being an absolute douche. 

Oh, I appreciate it. But the difference is, if he comes out in game 2 and sucks will he be remembered for this game 1 performance? I don't think so. We need him to be consistently great, and he's shown he can't do that throughout his career. Glad he balled out game 1. Now we need him to do the same continuously throughout this series. 

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Same guy yesterday that was a complete negative Nancy. He makes douche powder look like sugar compared to how negative he is. It’s annoying.