• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cut Darnold... Sign Vet QB to be a Mentor... Start Corral from Day 1

tukafan21

19 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

100%, give him a shot behind his first good OL and with what some believe is a QB whisperer. If he fails then at that point you know exactly what he is.

WHY?? Why should we waste any more of our time with the Sam experiment? 

I hate to break it to you, but he is who he is and who he has been forever. He will never consistently be good. 

That process you are talking about means we watch him for 6 more weeks do exactly what he did last year for us, the previous years at the Jets, and in college. 

As a fan, I never want to see that guy in a panthers jersey ever again, under any circumstance.

• Pie 2

19 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Why!! Why not let them compete?? You are already paying both.. Sam isn't blocking Matt's developmental.. And to be clear playing in that system in college with little to no snaps under center and pro scheme aspects.. It is very advantageous for Corral to sit while he learns anyway..

You also have a commitment to the other 72 players on the roster.. AMD your not putting your front foot forward throwing a rookie out there..

There’s nothing to compete for here. Sam is no good. That’s just a fact. 

And lets say that for one season we draw blood from a stone and make Sam into what he isn’t - a competent QB. That means that in order for us to do so, we had to create an absolutely perfect environment for him to succeed, which is not sustainable. 

4 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

I hate to break it to you, but he is who he is and who he has been forever. He will never consistently be good. 

That process you are talking about means we watch him for 6 more weeks do exactly what he did last year for us, the previous years at the Jets, and in college. 

As a fan, I never want to see that guy in a panthers jersey ever again, under any circumstance.

No poo, Corral is a 3rd round pick, run that motherfuger out there instead of Darnold.  If he flops so fuging what.  But I know rolling darnold out there that he is going to flop so whats the point

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

If you throw Corral out there day one then you are doing exactly what the Jets did to Darnold minus the inept OL play.

Darnold may be who he is but QB’s are much more likely to be successful with time than they are if you just throw them to the fire.

Aaron Rodgers sat, Pat Mahomes sat, Josh Allen sat a bit… it’s almost like people want to see Corral fail.

If you think that a kid who has never ran a pro style offense can come into the NFL with grown ass men and learn a completely new offense with new concepts and new verbiage and be ready to start week one then we have nothing to talk about because we won’t ever agree.

You guys want Corral to be the savior from day one… that ain’t gonna happen.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

17 hours ago, grimesgoat said:

I don’t get it. I’ve never understood the hate. He was traded here, thrown out there behind a poo line, with a relative child as the offensive coordinator. 

He did his best. was always professional. Always accepted blame and never threw his teammates under the bus. 

he didn’t negotiate his salary.  Its based on the rookie pay scale. He didn’t pick up his 5th year option, the panthers did that. 

why people hate this human being that they have never met and know nothing about is a mystery to me. 

if he does not perform this year, he will not be given a new contract from the panthers. He will pack his bags and move on without a bad word. 

Some of you guys act like he is some cancerous douche. I don’t get it. 

Oh, how quickly people forget about how his season with us went last year. 

Not once did we see him on the sidelines gathering up his teammates to pull everyone together like Cam did immediately upon return.

He cried with his helmet on after throwing an int. 

His entire demeanor says “meh” and he’s been coached his whole life on how to answer questions as to not raise any red flags. 

Zero fire, zero passion, dude is a scrub who blindly walked backwards into consecutive paydays and is set for life. 

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If you throw Corral out there day one then you are doing exactly what the Jets did to Darnold minus the inept OL play.

Darnold may be who he is but QB’s are much more likely to be successful with time than they are if you just throw them to the fire.

Aaron Rodgers sat, Pat Mahomes sat, Josh Allen sat a bit… it’s almost like people want to see Corral fail.

If you think that a kid who has never ran a pro style offense can come into the NFL with grown ass men and learn a completely new offense with new concepts and new verbiage and be ready to start week one then we have nothing to talk about because we won’t ever agree.

You guys want Corral to be the savior from day one… that ain’t gonna happen.

Nah, not even remotely close. 

We know Sam sucks and there’s no reason to put anymore time into him. 

Let’s see if Corral has more between the ears than Sam and lets see what we got in him now, not later. Get him ready asap and lets see if we can build around him or we need to take another QB next year.

1 minute ago, Knaakedup said:

Nah, not even remotely close. 

We know Sam sucks and there’s no reason to put anymore time into him. 

Let’s see if Corral has more between the ears than Sam and lets see what we got in him now, not later. Get him ready asap and lets see if we can build around him or we need to take another QB next year.

Lol just no…

How is not remotely close? You throw a guy out there who hasn’t run a pro style offense in his entire football career week one and you expect success… want to buy my beach house in Kansas?

This is how you ruin a kids career. Playing him way before he is ready because YOU don’t want the Panthers to suck this year.

Thankfully cooler heads will prevail and Darnold will more than likely be the starter on week one.

We also have a scouting department for a reason. I’ll also mention that it doesn’t matter who is picking #1 next year… the Chiefs could be picking number one and they are still taking Young or Stroud simply for the trade piece. If we are in position to draft one of those guys then we will… and if we like Armstrong or Van Dyke then we might draft one of those guys as well… regardless of Corral.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Lol just no…

This is how you ruin a kids career. Playing him way before he is ready because YOU don’t want the Panthers to suck this year.

Thankfully cooler heads will prevail and Darnold will more than likely be the starter on week one.

This is how you remain in mediocrity. 

You want to see Sam in a panthers jersey again? You already know the outcome of that scenario. 

We are either aggressively trying to get better or we are forever Sam Darnold. 

20 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I absolutely LOVE Cam, was all about him coming back last year, and up until last night, I was very on board with bringing him back this year.

But now that we drafted Corral, I no longer want it.  Love the guy, he's a Panther legend and will always be so to me, but we need someone to teach Corral how to handle the mental side of being an NFL QB, particularly off the field... that's not Cam lol.

I don’t get it. What has cam done wrong off field?

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Lol just no…

Is Joe Burrow ruined, Stafford?  Matt Ryan?  Sometimes the kids are ready, just throw him out there if he can grasp the playbook.  

2 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

This is how you remain in mediocrity. 

You want to see Sam in a panthers jersey again? You already know the outcome of that scenario. 

We are either aggressively trying to get better or we are forever Sam Darnold. 

You don’t get better by setting people up for failure. That’s like you getting a job as an engineer and then your boss saying good luck when you have no experience. You are going to suck ass it for a bit and because you suck ass it might get you fired… if he would have given you proper training then maybe you’d have had a snowballs chance in hell at being successful.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Is Joe Burrow ruined, Stafford?  Matt Ryan?  Sometimes the kids are ready, just throw him out there if he can grasp the playbook.  

Fun fact… all came from pro style offenses (for the most part, Burrow ran a lot of spread)… all top three picks… not even REMOTELY the same… use someone who actually came from a collegesque offense… say like Mahomes… oh that’s right, he sat.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You don’t get better by setting people up for failure. That’s like you getting a job as an engineer and then your boss saying good luck when you have no experience. You are going to suck ass it for a bit and because you suck ass it might get you fired… if he would have given you proper training then maybe you’d have had a snowballs chance in hell at being successful.

Were dak or wilson more ready to play qb then Corral?

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Fun fact… all came from pro style offenses… all top three picks… not even REMOTELY the same… use someone who actually came from a collegesque offense… say like Mahomes… oh that’s right, he sat.

Which is why I have said if he grasps the offense you see what you got.  Can he learn it in mini camps or training camp?  Thats the main question