Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Raanta expected to start tonight


Recommended Posts

Not surprising at all, there’s no way we aren’t starting the vet. My main concern is/was if he’s healthy enough to do it. I don’t want to see him come out injured again after the first period. If I was picking I’d start the rook games one and two and let Raanta handle the road games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Not surprising at all, there’s no way we aren’t starting the vet. My main concern is/was if he’s healthy enough to do it. I don’t want to see him come out injured again after the first period. If I was picking I’d start the rook games one and two and let Raanta handle the road games. 

He also wasn't good down the stretch. Raanta wasn't. Also, it's his first ever Playoff start. Again. Not a fan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Welp... well we better have our classic third period storm because with this being Raantas first playoff game combined with his tendency to spot teams 2-3 goal leads in the first period..  

You aren't lying. 3GR. 3 goal Raanta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

You aren't lying. 3GR. 3 goal Raanta. 

We agree for once... He usually has a horrible first period 2-3 goals allowed is shutdown in the second and early third and gives up a gimme late when we chased the entire game and took a two goal lead in the third.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Look at the this way. Ranta plays like ass tonight, we will prob get Pyotr until Anderson is ready.  However, if raanta balls out, it’s a win. Let’s hope we get the Raanta from when we played Colorado earlier in the year. 
 

Let’s rally behind Raanta like the team will and hope for the best. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

We agree for once... He usually has a horrible first period 2-3 goals allowed is shutdown in the second and early third and gives up a gimme late when we chased the entire game and took a two goal lead in the third.

Yeah. I don't even want to talk about it. This is just not a smart move. Pyotr has a ton of confidence right now, and you go with Raanta? Seems a little dumbfounding to say the least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Look at the this way. Ranta plays like ass tonight, we will prob get Pyotr until Anderson is ready.  However, if raanta balls out, it’s a win. Let’s hope we get the Raanta from when we played Colorado earlier in the year. 
 

Let’s rally behind Raanta like the team will and hope for the best. 

If he plays like ass tonight, we lose game 1. That's not a positive from any perspective, and him playing like ass could swing any momentum in this series. This is a huge gamble on Rods part. Especially with how well Pyotr played vs the Rangers (sans those two weird late goals). 

No point in any fan rallying behind him, we don't play for the team. I want a W, and I'll root for him to not be trash in the 1st period tonight. But if he is, I won't be shocked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t like either option to be honest so it is what it is. If the guys in front play to their top level then we win this game.

Rants was poor down the stretch but so were the guys in front of him. 
 

lets fuging go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, WelshPanther said:

Don’t like either option to be honest so it is what it is. If the guys in front play to their top level then we win this game.

Rants was poor down the stretch but so were the guys in front of him. 
 

lets fuging go!

I like Pyotr better at this point. He's a Rookie with a ton of confidence. Better than whatever Raanta has been recently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...