• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Rhule really think he has 5 years?

NAS

21 minutes ago, poundaway said:

So Joe Brady isn't "super talented" anymore?

You've come a long way.

yeah, you really struggle with some very basic concepts. 

Joe Brady is a talented young coach (2019 and 2020 back that thought).  Will he pan out as a NFL OC down the road?  Who knows.  But if you were going to give him a shot in 2020 being a new OC....you would need to have an enviroment where he could have a realistic shot of growing and the O working well while he does that.  Again, the Byron Leftwich example.  His first OC job.....was under a OC/HC AND paired with superstar QB.  Both of who could be heavily involved as he grew. 

If you have a weak NFL HC that was never offensive minded even in college.  He then brings an all college staff with him to the NFL.  You then opt to roll with the worst QB in the NFL.  Give him a bad OL and a rookie RB on top of that?  A talented young OC is going to look like a nightmare by design.  You don't get any answers on what Joe Brady is or isn't given that creation.  Maybe was would have been great.  Maybe he was horrible.  But Matt Rhule's creation in 2021 prohbits anyone from knowing anything about Joe Brady at that point.  All you know for sure is Matt Rhule build a disaster designed to fail in 2021. 

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady didn't hire himself.   Yet, somehow you don't think that is a Matt Rhule issue and a sign of his incompentence. 

So if a Coach makes a mistake, it makes him incompetent? Then there are precious few competent Coaches. Cuz they all make mistake.

We get it. You don't like Rhule.  Please don't speak in absolutes. It is childish.

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

So if a Coach makes a mistake, it makes him incompetent? Then there are precious few competent Coaches. Cuz they all make mistake.

We get it. You don't like Rhule.  Please don't speak in absolutes. It is childish.

a mistake? No. 

A mistake isn't how you would define Matt Rhule though.  We just happen to be talking about one of the many. 

2 years in and there isn't anything you can say Matt Rhule does well.  There is a lot you can say he does poorly.  Which makes him unique.  Everyone else is fired when that is the case.  But we also have a bad owner.  Such is the life currently in Carolina world. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady is a talented young coach (2019 and 2020 back that thought).  Will he pan out as a NFL OC down the road?  Who knows.  But if you were going to give him a shot in 2020 being a new OC....you would need to have an enviroment where he could have a realistic shot of growing and the O working well while he does that.  Again, the Byron Leftwich example.  His first OC job.....was under a OC/HC AND paired with superstar QB.  Both of who could be heavily involved as he grew. 

If you have a weak NFL HC that was never offensive minded even in college.  He then brings an all college staff with him to the NFL.  You then opt to roll with the worst QB in the NFL.  Give him a bad OL and a rookie RB on top of that?  A talented young OC is going to look like a nightmare by design.  You don't get any answers on what Joe Brady is or isn't given that creation.  Maybe was would have been great.  Maybe he was horrible.  But Matt Rhule's creation in 2021 prohbits anyone from knowing anything about Joe Brady at that point.  All you know for sure is Matt Rhule build a disaster designed to fail in 2021. 

I can see it now. Rhule sitting in his office. He had just gotten the Panther job. HIs first thought was. "How can I build something that is a disaster waiting to happen." lol Your hate is strong.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

There's always a confluence of factors in trying to evaluate a coach or player.  It applies to everyone.  

On this message board, despite the factors, we still make judgements.  In the end, you are what your record is. 

Joe Brady was a horrible OC and Matt Rhule is a bad coach. That may change for Brady.  I don't care.  I really don't.  He works for the Titans now.  Unlike you, I hope it changes for Rhule, because, he's our coach.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

a mistake? No. 

A mistake isn't how you would define Matt Rhule though.  We just happen to be talking about one of the many. 

2 years in and there isn't anything you can say Matt Rhule does well.  There is a lot you can say he does poorly.  Which makes him unique.  Everyone else is fired when that is the case.  But we also have a bad owner.  Such is the life currently in Carolina world. 

Spin that crap boyyo. You hate Rhule. NOTHING anyone says will change that. It has become a challenge to nitpick everything you say that contradicts yourself.

A coach with 2 years experience is not good enough for you. Every perceived mistake is take to the nth degree with you. 

Don't feel bad. You are not alone.

Edit to add; There are so many exciting things going on. And you are stuck in this loop. Fug Rhule, fug Tepper, rinse and repeat.

Come join the excitement. It is better for your soul than all this hand wringing negativity.

Edited by iamhubby1

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I can see it now. Rhule sitting in his office. He had just gotten the Panther job. HIs first thought was. "How can I build something that is a disaster waiting to happen." lol Your hate is strong.

I mean that's not what incomptent people do.  They think there bad ideas will work. 

Another example would be thinking the worst starter in the NFL over the past 3 seasons should be acquired for tons of draft captial (on a rebuilding team) and made to be THE guy. lol.  I'm sure Matt Rhule actually thought that was a great idea and would work.  But Matt isn't good at his job.  Therefore his good ideas.....are often very bad. 

I think he thought his all college staff was a great idea, and go heavy Temple/Baylor, punting from the oppoents 30 and so on.

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

There's always a confluence of factors in trying to evaluate a coach or player.  It applies to everyone.  

On this message board, despite the factors, we still make judgements.  In the end, you are what your record is. 

Joe Brady was a horrible OC and Matt Rhule is a bad coach. That may change for Brady.  I don't care.  I really don't.  He works for the Titans now.  Unlike you, I hope it changes for Rhule, because, he's our coach.

I don't spend my days wishing for Sam Darnold to be good.  Or Matt Rhule.  We already know the answers to such. 

Matt Corral? Yeah, I hope he is good. 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean that's not what incomptent people do.  They think there bad ideas will work. 

Another example would be thinking the worst starter in the NFL over the past 3 seasons should be acquired for tons of draft captial (on a rebuilding team) and made to be THE guy. lol.  I'm sure Matt Rhule actually thought that was a great idea and would work.  But Matt isn't good at his job.  Therefore his good ideas.....are often very bad. 

I think he thought his all college staff was a great idea, and go heavy Temple/Baylor, punting from the oppoents 30 and so on.

Slow walking Defensive rotations to get Delay of Game penalties.

Taking a Defense that couldn't get off the field. To one of the better Defenses in the league.

Taking a team bereft of talent. And turning into one of the best rosters we have seen in a while.

It is not all doom and gloom. But one would never know by reading your posts.

Edit to add; And putting IMO, or I think, in your posts does not make them any truer. It does not add any credence to your words.

For example; "I think you are overly negative" 

Edited by iamhubby1

49 minutes ago, poundaway said:

This statement does not apply to OC and you know it. 

Ok.  If it "happens all the time", name one.  Name one current OC who's immediate previous position was a college coach, let alone a non-OC college coach. 

You think Brady is the only OC whose prior job was as a college coach?

Eeehhh, no. It's actually not unusual for college coaches who get pro head coaching jobs to bring their staff with them. Mind you, college coaches don't get pro jobs as often as they used to (our own Matt Rhule is pretty good evidence as to why).

As far as right now, the closest you'd find to that would be Steelers OC Matt Canada who spent just one year as their QB coach before ascending to OC. All his experience prior to that was at the college level.

Buy while we're at it, you might want to check your premise here. Are you absolutely certain that college coaching is the only thing Joe Brady had done before getting the Panthers job?

(might wanna check his bio) 😆

• The D 1

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Well that was sure entertaining.

At least it was fairly civil. Except for Mr. Scot insulting folks that is.

Eeehhh, could be worse.

I could be the kinda guy who just stops by occasionally antagonizing people with dumbass arguments just to be an a--hole.

Now that would be pathetic.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1