• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Rhule really think he has 5 years?

NAS

Rhule at yesterday’s press conference when asked about the Sean Peyton report

“With regards to that report, first I heard of it was Dave called me and told me that it was going to come out,” Rhule said. “They had called him, that there was nothing to it. I know Dave Tepper well enough to believe he wouldn’t be talking to another coach right now. He came to my house two-and-a-half years ago and told me this is a five-year rebuild. That’s what he said to me. He convinced me then to come be a part of it and build it with him. We’re not where we want to be. I don’t think it’s gonna take five years, I don’t want it to take five years, but those are the words he said to me.”

I get that it takes time to build a team for sustainable success, but if he thinks he has 5 years regardless, he is just delusional. You have to show incremental progress and especially that you are capable of learning from your mistakes, getting better as a coach and developing your players. If he loses rhe locker room with college antics like DBO, Tepper will have no choice but to fire him.

Edited by NAS
  • Beer 1

IF he thinks he can do whatever he wants and still get 5 years he is delusional.

He should have been gone this past offseason, but we had already given up so many draft picks and picked up Sam's 5th year. Those moves probably made us one of the least desirable option for new coaches. 

I think this year is it for Rhule if he does not make a significant improvement with a rough schedule. Next year we have all our picks except the 3rd we gave for Corral and Sam will be gone. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

8-10 wins gives him another year anything less he knows he's on the outs.

8-10 wins with our schedule and his coaching acumen, it would take something just short of a miracle. Something like Corral being really good right off the bat.

Edited by PootieNunu

9 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

IF he thinks he can do whatever he wants and still get 5 years he is delusional.

He should have been gone this past offseason, but we had already given up so many draft picks and picked up Sam's 5th year. Those moves probably made us one of the least desirable option for new coaches. 

I think this year is it for Rhule if he does not make a significant improvement with a rough schedule. Next year we have all our picks except the 3rd we gave for Corral and Sam will be gone. 

We don't have a 6th next year either but thats splitting hairs. The 6th we gave up for Gilmore was a 2023 6th round pick.

• Pie 2

I am going to a game this year to chant fire Rhule the entire time. Good luck with that fantasy, even if it is true at the moment in Tepper's and Rhule's minds.

It was ugly AF last year before Cam came back and if we had more home games at the end of the year I think we would have heard it again. Who knows but I am not expecting this year to be good or pretty.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

If the Panthers go 1-16 this year, my expectation is that Matt Rhule and Scott Fitterer will be running the draft next April. 

Matt Rhule would be gone midseason if we started 0-7 or 1-6.  

Fitt put together a staff that could handle the entire Baylor squad walking all together.  

Rhule was being boo’d out of Charlotte last season until Cam saved his job.  And that is exactly what that PR stunt did.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

47 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I think he will have five years if the team shows improvement this year and next.  But the last half of the season for us last year, well we looked worse than we did the first season under Rhule.  If that trend continues, then he won't be here, and shouldn't be here.  

This

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

my opinion is in the vast minority but I like Rhule and I think we need to give him the time of day to rebuild. 

those that are clammering to get him fired are the same fat greaseballs that get pissed off in the McDonalds drivethru when their order takes longer than a minute to come out.

Ill find this post later. 

Rhule will win us a SB and when he does this losing and the long process will be worth it.  We will surprise people this season. 

I am behind Rhule 100% and I'm buying in. creeps on a message board that use this place to build an alter ego to feel better about their actual selves doesn't phase me. Tepper does have big balls and hes showing that by staying put with Rhule.  Folding and doing what a bunch of man babies that can't even clean their room in their moms basement would be weak

I stand behind Tepper and Rhule. Kiss my ass! 

Edited by The Huddler
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 4
  • The D 2
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 8