• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Rhule really think he has 5 years?

NAS

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Name them with more dead cap and more stats that leftd the following year. Plus I want more than 3 HOFer leaving too. 

You do remember this was an expansion team once right? Zero players at all? Had to be built from the ground up? Any of that ring a bell?

I'd add that calling all but one or two of those guys "stars" is a huge stretch. And even for the ones where it might be legit, they were on the downside of their careers.

As to guys like Dontari Poe, Greg Van Roten and others? Yeah, losing those guys sure hurt 😆

Hell, Fox started and Rivera both started off with a 1 win teams. And let's stop with the Covid stuff. Every other team had to deal with that too, including the new coaches.

I hope you're just sh-tposting, because the suggestion that Rhule had the toughest start in history is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on here.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You do remember this was an expansion team once right? Zero players at all? Had to be built from the ground up? Any of that ring a bell?

I'd add that calling all but one or two of those guys "stars" is a huge stretch. And even for the ones where it might be legit, they were on the downside of their careers.

As to guys like Dontari Poe, Greg Van Roten and others? Yeah, losing those guys sure hurt 😆

Hell, Fox started and Rivera both started off with a 1 win teams. And let's stop with the Covid stuff. Every other team had to deal with that too, including the new coaches.

I hope you're just sh-tposting, because the suggestion that Rhule had the toughest start in history is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on here.

Did all those coaches have preseason games? OTAs? 40 day Training camp? That counts for bran new coach more than old one. Panthers were a bottom 3 roster, veteran teams did much better in the coofus years. Panthers went from the one of the oldest to the youngest in 2 years during Rhule.

I still dont see names, unless you want to say Fox and RR had it worse. Which would be 100% wrong. Expansion teams- Panthers&Jags in 96 were in the championship game, NFL gave them too much help and thus changed the rules. You also know NFL gives new Coaches more time with players, but that didnt happen due to coofus. 

Can not believe the rhule hate is strong than panther fandom. 

The hardest start HC start in NFL, prove it wrong...I listed starters, stats, leaders, all the practices missed, dead cap, Herniay as GM. You listed RR and fox and thats a joke.

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Did all those coaches have preseason games? OTAs? 40 day Training camp? That counts for bran new coach more than old one. Panthers were a bottom 3 roster, veteran teams did much better in the coofus years. Panthers went from the one of the oldest to the youngest in 2 years during Rhule.

I still dont see names, unless you want to say Fox and RR had it worse. Which would be 100% wrong. Expansion teams- Panthers&Jags in 96 were in the championship game, NFL gave them too much help and thus changed the rules. You also know NFL gives new Coaches more time with players, but that didnt happen due to coofus. 

The hardest start HC start in NFL, prove it wrong...I listed starters, stats, leaders, all the practices missed, dead cap, Herniay as GM. You listed RR and fox and thats a joke.

Don't even need to go to the effort because the concept itself is ludicrous.

Rhule had an established team that wasn't the worst team in the league the previous year. Neither Fox nor Rivera could say that. And of course there was Capers who had to start from nothing.

Speaking of which, besides the coaches in the last 30 years that started expansion teams from the ground up, there are the guys before them that started real expansion teams. They didn't have the kind of advantages that their more modern counterparts were given, and didn't even have things like free agency to rely on either.

Using those guys alone, the suggestion that Rhule had the toughest job in history qualifies as absolute buffoonery.

As to the "starters" and "leaders" that you listed, the vast majority of them were either guys Rhule himself let go or were just plain crap players or both. What's even funnier is that several of the guys Rhule brought in as their replacements were equally crap.

Bottom line: If you're actually going to try and defend this silliness, I'm going to assume you're sh-tposting because this is some of the stupidest crap I've seen (and that takes some effort with guys like Sizzlebuzz on the board).

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

This is a totally different time than RR&fox. Each also had the great benefit of Peppers and Cam in year one, both game changers. Plus the following did not happen, below is list of Rhule had to over-come

100 million dead cap space for the first 2 years.

Due to coofus- NO OTAS, NO Rookie camp, No MINI camp, NO training camp. 

Just one preseason game

Lets run down some of the players that departed

Cam- HOFer and leader, you can argue this some given he was Cut, but got nothing close to 19million with his shot shoulder

Olsen- HOFer leader

Luke- HOFer leader

Mario Addison- good for 9 sacks a season 

James Bradberry- gave all the NFC south stud WR all they could handle

Vernon Butler- Good backup, depth

Ross Cockrell- Dog and nice #3 CB/NB

Wes Horton- good depth

Bruce Irvin- starter that was a pros pro

Kyle Love- depth solid player

Gerald McCoy- former 1st and still had a legit first step

Greg Van Roten- CMC buddy and ok starter

Daryl Williams- miss-cased had two good years at Buffalo

Dontari Poe- starting space eater

Thomas Davis, KKShort, and Ryan Kalil also leftd right as this started. That is 98% of the leadership and around 60% of the total snaps&stats. BTW that was the most NFL history. The whole dam DL was gone, all 4 starters and all of the depth GONE! Herniay was also the GM. But dont let facts get in the way of alll the rhule hate, since that is stronger than panther fandom. 

If you and anyone expected playoff within 2 years, pure ignorance. This was the toughest start to ANY NFL HC career, bar none. 

Ron and Fox went out and drafted those game changers though.  They weren’t on the team. They could of done something different.  Ron could of drafted all defense in that first draft.   Taken a DT.  Plenty said he should of.    

You can’t really frame it that it is unfair that Fox/Rivera made decisions that worked out really well…that’s the game. 

Rhule could of gone up to get Herbert.  Or drafted Slater.  Traded around a done a lot of different stuff.  

It’s an offensive league and Rhule has chosen to use the bulk of his draft capital on defensive players.  That’s his choice.  Fox was really a different era.  Especially the start of it.  Rhule seems to think it is 2002.  

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule had an established team that wasn't the worst team in the league the previous year. Neither Fox nor Rivera could say that. And of course there was Capers who had to start from nothing.

Speaking of which, besides the coaches in the last 30 years that started expansion teams from the ground up, there are the guys before them that started real expansion teams. They didn't have the kind of advantages that their more modern counterparts were given, and didn't even have things like free agency to rely on either.

Using those guys alone, the suggestion that Rhule had the toughest job in history qualifies as absolute buffoonery.

As to the "starters" and "leaders" that you listed, the vast majority of them were either guys Rhule himself let go or were just plain crap players or both. What's even funnier is that several of the guys Rhule brought in as their replacements were equally crap.

Bottom line: If you're actually going to try and defend this silliness, I'm going to assume you're sh-tposting because this is some of the stupidest crap I've seen (and that takes some effort with guys like Sizzlebuzz on the board).

Prove it wrong with names and facts. Rhule couldnt sign players cause=  100 dead cap. I have that along most stats lost in NFL history, Hernaiy GM, 98% leadership lost, coofus, coaching over screens, NO camps of any sort, oldest to youngest in 2 years, 1 preseason game in 2 years.

GVR would have been the best or 2nd best(given Moton looked bad) OLman on the team last year. Poe is a former 1st rounder that had the the best big man combine ever at the time. I said decent NFL starters and they were/are. You lose solid players along with HOFers, it hurts. 

You have....well you have no answers expect to punt. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Prove it wrong with names and facts. Rhule couldnt sign players cause=  100 dead cap. I have that along most stats lost in NFL history, Hernaiy GM, 98% leadership lost, coofus, coaching over screens, NO camps of any sort, oldest to youngest in 2 years, 1 preseason game in 2 years.

GVR would have been the best or 2nd best(given Moton looked bad) OLman on the team last year. Poe is a former 1st rounder that had the the best big man combine ever at the time. I said decent NFL starters and they were/are. You lose solid players along with HOFers, it hurts. 

You have....well you have no answers expect to punt. 

I've given this idiotic suggestion all the effort it deserves.

If you actually want to stand by this dumbass idea, I'm more than happy to let you 😆

48 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Name them with more dead cap and more stats that leftd the following year. Plus I want more than 3 HOFer leaving too. 

Cam didn’t leave.  Matt Rhule kicked him to the curb.  

30 minutes ago, Basbear said:

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mr Scot you are equating previous years record with the subsequent years starting talent... as if  offseason changes  don't matter.  Its so simpleminded... its childish.

Meanwhile in another thread, you're all excited that ESPN now has us in last place after the draft, when just a few weeks ago they had us several spots higher.  How can this be?  Last years record didn't change?

So which is it? 
Did RR benefit from the #1 pick in the draft or not? 
Did Keuchly's retirement affect our D or not?

Offseason changes have a dramatic affect on season outcomes and RR left this franchise in a total SHAMBLES after inheriting a roster LOADED with some of the best Panthers EVER.

You're the one shlt-posting.

Edited by poundaway
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Ron and Fox went out and drafted those game changers though.  They weren’t on the team. They could of done something different.  Ron could of drafted all defense in that first draft.   Taken a DT.  Plenty said he should of.    

You can’t really frame it that it is unfair that Fox/Rivera made decisions that worked out really well…that’s the game. 

Rhule could of gone up get Herbert.  Or drafted Slater.  Traded around a done a lot of different stuff.  

It’s an offensive league and Rhule has chosen to use the bulk of his draft capital on defensive players.  That’s his choice.  Fox was really a different era.  Especially the start of it.  Rhule seems to think it is 2002.  

Did RR and Fox have a harder job than Rhule- Yes or no.

Did you see all the defensive players that leftd, of course you go defensive in the draft. Full boat, if the board fell that way. 

See how strong the Rhule hate is, I dont even like the guy or wanted him. But Im be dam if didnt have the hardest start in NFL history. All you people expecting him to wave a magic wand and proof playoffs.....

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Cam didn’t leave.  Matt Rhule kicked him to the curb.  

Olsen too.

The only "star" guy Rhule could legit say he lost despite wanting to keep was Luke.

You could maybe argue Bradberry but the basically chose Shaq Thompson over him.

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Mr Scot you are equating previous years record with the subsequent years starting talent... as if  offseason changes  don't matter.  Its so simpleminded... its childish.

Meanwhile in another thread, you're all excited that ESPN now has us in last place after the draft, when just a few weeks ago they had us several spots higher.  How can this be?  Last years record didn't change?

So which is it? 
Did RR benefit from the #1 pick in the draft or not? 
Did Keuchly's retirement affect our D or not?

Offseason changes have a dramatic affect on season outcomes and RR left this franchise in a total SHAMBLES after inheriting a roster LOADED with some of the best Panthers EVER.

You're the one shlt-posting.

Can you prove it numerologically? 😃

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Olsen too.

The only "star" guy Rhule could legit say he lost despite wanting to keep was Luke.

You could maybe argue Bradberry but the basically chose Shaq Thompson over him.

Can you resign players if they want 10 million and you are in red with 50 in dead cap?

Just now, Basbear said:

Did RR and Fox have a harder job than Rhule- Yes or no.

Did you see all the defensive players that leftd, of course you go defensive in the draft. Full boat, if the board fell that way. 

See how strong the Rhule hate is, I dont even like the guy or wanted him. But Im be dam if didnt have the hardest start in NFL history. All you people expecting him to wave a magic wand and proof playoffs.....

It’s an offensive league and he cut Cam Newton.  

so yeah, going all defense was always a head scratcher.   And then following up the next draft using a your 2nd top 10 on a corner….is another head scratcher. 

the board can largely become whatever you want to make it.