• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Way Too Early Trade Predictions

kungfoodude

Trades  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Panthers make any "win now" trades post August 31?

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

We have added players after cuts every year in training camp since we became a franchise. Most every team does this. I am sure we will as well this year. Not sure how that is a bad thing unless we grossly overpaid or got ripped off. The Darnold trade was a calculated risk as was trading next years third for Corral.  Getting Henderson is going to pay off this year and Gilmore while a short term rental taught our secondary alot in his time here.  Not sure those trades were a bad idea or borne out of desperation. 

We haven't often added players via trade after the season starts. That has been rare up until recently. 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

There is absolutely no way you can say with a straight face that either of those trades were good or improved the team. 

I just did and have reasons to be optimistic. Henderson is projected as a possible starter depending on how much we match up Horn on a specific player or allow him to play a side. Wait and see how much better the secondary plays with Wilks as coach.  It wasn't the players,  it was the poor coaching plain and simple.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

I just did and have reasons to be optimistic. Henderson is projected as a possible starter depending on how much we match up Horn on a specific player or allow him to play a side. Wait and see how much better the secondary plays with Wilks as coach.  It wasn't the players,  it was the poor coaching plain and simple.

Henderson a possible starter?  Where are you seeing that? 

Henderson was said to be thinking of quitting the game in Jacksonville.  The dude isnt good and his head isnt in the game.  He was horrific last season.  If he is our starter we are in a world of hurt

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Henderson a possible starter?  Where are you seeing that? 

Henderson was said to be thinking of quitting the game in Jacksonville.  The dude isnt good and his head isnt in the game.  He was horrific last season.  If he is our starter we are in a world of hurt

First of all who wants to play for Jacksonville? Second he was the 9th pick in the 2020 draft. And you can't tell me you know he can't play. He was not horrific and should be much improved based on a much better scheme.   Get with the now and stop rehashing history. You will stay less triggered and when what I say comes true you will look smart too.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

First of all who wants to play for Jacksonville? Second he was the 9th pick in the 2020 draft. And you can't tell me you know he can't play. He was not horrific and should be much improved based on a much better scheme.   Get with the now and stop rehashing history. You will stay less triggered and when what I say comes true you will look smart too.

Where are you seeing he is a projected starter?

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We haven't often added players via trade after the season starts. That has been rare up until recently. 

Yeah since salaries have so escalated and the average defensive back makes over 10 million with the best at 20 million it is hard to add free agents.  So trading for guys on rookie contracts has become popular to control the money and hopefully fix the issues if he is being traded so early in his career.

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That doesnt say poo.  And it certainly doesnt say poo about him being the starter

Typical response when you are proven wrong. You asked who thought he was a potential starter, I showed you and of course you can't admit you were wrong as usual. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Lol that's not even what you said.  Goddamn

I said he was a potential starter. Cats Crave said the same thing. Here is another of their articles talking about who is slated for a bigger role in 2022. Yeah it is CJ Henderson.  Seems your reading is as bad as your logic and understanding.

https://catcrave.com/2022/05/31/4-carolina-panthers-players-bigger-roles-2022-offseason/

Again I didn't say guaranteed starter but potential starter. With as much nickle as we play he will be on the field if he continues to develop.

54 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I mean....if being on a bad team makes you want to quit as a rookie.....then professional football probably isn't important to you.

I don't know if that was specifically the case with Henderson. IIRC, it was some bad family elements that were supposedly dragging him down in Jacksonville.

I will say, he is gonna have to show a pretty big improvement this season because he didn't look any better than he did in Jacksonville.