• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First practice day

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Yeah, that's good for when Corral joins the 7 v. 7 league at the Y after he fails out of the NFL because he's terrible because your poo is annoying and making me want him to fail, just so you disappear.

Besides, I want Grayson McCall. Local kid, 58 touchdowns to 6 interceptions, 207.1 passer efficiency rating...

And yes, he played better than Caleb Williams did against their only common opponent with much less talent surrounding him.

10 hours ago, top dawg said:

If there are overreactions, it has been to a now fallen first overall pick.

I know all the purported reasons that Corral was a third rounder, but like I've said for months, half of it was pure bullshit. But I'll bet on his skill set, ability to learn and ability to improve, regardless of his third round draft status, on any day. 

He and Malik dropped for a reason.

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He’s not going to learn in a day… obviously he (Corral) has been studying the playbook but there’s a difference between knowledge and application, not to mention it’s the first day and we haven’t even done installs. Corral could very well become the best QB of the group but it’s not going to happen overnight. Have a little patience, he’ll get there. 

This kid is so confident and obviously capable. The ball hops off his hand in such a way. He's special. 

His mentality coming in, self accountability already. He believes it's only him in the race and he's his opponent. Not weakness like, muh, muh shirt, muh, muh pants. Hot!

I know he's already the best QB there. Those clips of how much faster the ball comes off HIS hand, expected. This is our best option. The reps need to be his. He's determined to start. They talk about sitting, and he's visibly disturbed by the notion. You can see it.

That's that fire you need on Sunday. The lion will that allows him to put a team on his back. Fire and desire. That isn't there in the fat rich spoiled and coddled backups being paraded before us.

Corral doesn't have the support he should anyways. Not from the media, fans. I'll be that guy. If we had Brett Favre on this team and we were in playoff contention, yeah, sit him, makes sense.

Playing coy like he isn't that guy you had at QB1 after all your researching?! Fhulishness. We need to know beyond all doubt if Matt Corral is that guy, can he play in prime time or not.

If he can't we pick QB this next draft which is deep. If he's better than Justin Fields?! Home run! We've got our guy. We're competing in the NFCS. Why delay? Because we'll hurt poor Matty's development? He wants it bad. He's trying to develop the right way, starting.

Rhule doesn't have a good track record at anything so doing the opposite of what he's doing would probably be playoff worthy.

Surprising the NFL with a guy they haven't studied and passed notes on is a uppercut. That's how you sneak one in. But not Rhule, no, old jockstrap will do.

28 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Yeah, that's good for when Corral joins the 7 v. 7 league at the Y after he fails out of the NFL because he's terrible because your poo is annoying and making me want him to fail, just so you disappear.

Besides, I want Grayson McCall. Local kid, 58 touchdowns to 6 interceptions, 207.1 passer efficiency rating...

And yes, he played better than Caleb Williams did against their only common opponent with much less talent surrounding him.

Hate much? 

Confused Crazy Ex Girlfriend GIF

I must be IN there. 

Edited by rippadonn

17 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He and Malik dropped for a reason.

I studied Corral maybe more than anyone here. There may have been some Ole Miss alums who knew more, but I know the reasons why Corral dropped (if he in fact dropped). It wasn't really talent related per se. Other than some off-the-field b.s., people questioned his size (overblown IMO), his running style (maybe not as overblown, but still a bit much), and the offense in which he played (fair, but that's purely a judgement call that spoke to his perceived value amid 2022 draft dynamics). Moreover, perhaps the biggest reason why he "slid" is the injury that he suffered in the Sugar Bowl. Huddlers just seem to gloss over the fact that he wasn't available during the lion's share of the draft season with a high ankle sprain. 

Malik didn't even really drop. He was hyped up from the get-go. Corral may have been considered a project, but Willis was always destined to be the biggest project of the draft due to him being extremely raw at the position. I never bought into Willis.

All these things I have said, I didn't say after the fact, I said them well before the draft. Sure, I didn't think Corral would last until late in the third, but I'm glad that he did. For my money the fact that he did provided us to get him at a helluva value at the end of the day. There were more than a few people that considered him the best QB in the draft. He was a legit Heisman candidate (even the top at one time). Injuries to him and his teammates kinda derailed that dream, but Huddlers shouldn't be so quick to dismiss that fact in my opinion, or dismiss Corral as just some third round pick. But, to each his own. I think there's a whole lot to like about MC9. 

7 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Mac and Zach played in offenses with pro style concepts. Matt Corral played in a glorified high school offense with no checks, no reads, no nothing. It was all RPO which is based off of one or two keys and then it's backyard football. 

It's effective, but it's also why Ole Miss is curbstomped anytime they play someone of equal talent level.

Mac and Zach were also 1st rounds picks in which were considered “pro ready” and their teams needed them to start sooner vs later. Zach didn’t look ready and got dominated his first few starts. Forcing a rookie to start right away seems rushed and foolish when we don’t have to. 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, rippadonn said:

So you are calling bust and he shouldn't get an opportunity to start over two of the NFLs worse QBs?!

You bet on failure. I'll bet on the young lion.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I agree with you, BUT it's kinda weird to expect it on day 1 of camp. We need him to stay hungry and bust his ass to beat out those 2, not get it handed to him automatically.

FWIW, I don't think Mayfield sucks, he has just lacked consistently IMO. But I'm all in on Corral being the QB of the future.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

https://www.panthers.com/news/camp-observations-baker-mayfield-makes-his-debut

Taylor’s INT is in the link above, nice pick, have seen many a Panthers DB get Nakamura’d in that same situation.

Also of interesting note, Elflein took first team reps at center over Bozeman, it was already mentioned that Jordan took first team reps at LG.

So the first team offensive line was…

Christensen - Jordan - Elflein - ? - Moton

Same thing as Sam working with the ones today. Day 1 of camp the new guys have to beat out the incumbents, not get handed a job. If this craziness is still happening after a few practices, I'll be concerned.

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

I agree with you, BUT it's kinda weird to expect it on day 1 of camp. We need him to stay hungry and bust his ass to beat out those 2, not get it handed to him automatically.

FWIW, I don't think Mayfield sucks, he has just lacked consistently IMO. But I'm all in on Corral being the QB of the future.

Look what he's shown day one, day two. First out on the field. He's carried himself like a true leader. His interviews show great maturity and self accountability.

He's a really really impressive kid. If they gave him anything I think it would be well deserved. His release is something the others just don't have.

I'm gushing, I've studied him playing but the person, his dead serious, I'm coming to take the crown attitude and his maturity and self awareness at his young age, we're in potentially great hands.

Not ashamed to be on the Corral bandwagon, not one bit. He can use the fans support. I do see the media starting to pivot to Corral though. It's easy to see and understand why.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Dude has taken all of this better than anyone I’ve ever seen. For his sake I hope he develops into a decent backup QB at the very least and manages to carve out a career for himself. Nothing wrong with being a Matt Schaub or Chase Daniel.

Derek Anderson made the frikin probowl, then had a long, profitable career as QB2. Nothing wrong with that. It's definitely where I see Sam's trajectory.

14 hours ago, ForJimmy said:
15 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

That changes nothing. Baker was teamed with Ikem and Bozeman. I feel like people concerned with this haven't paid attention in previous camps. 

Do you think that’s why Bozeman was with the 2s today and Elf with the 1s? To help Baker get acclimated to his new center (Bozeman). If Bozeman is with the 1s tomorrow with Baker it will be interesting. 

Very interesting. "running with the 2's" doesn't mean poo if the 2's include the starting QB, the starting C, and the starting LT.