• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Panthers Camp Updates

Zod

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Uhh, that would apply if Baker had a higher pocket time.  He didn't.   Sam had a higher pocket time than Baker. The Browns had the 28th best pocket time.

No it doesn't lol and idc what article or stats say that that is completely false and fake news. I think Baker is better than Darnold (barely), but he is no where near a top 5 QB like you think and I don't think anyone on the planet would say Darnold had a better line than Baker. Thats a wild statement. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

37 minutes ago, poundaway said:

The footballsiders and sharpfootballanalysis.com were before the season. 

The olinestats, still has the wordpress "w" as  their tab icon.

As for PFF, according to them, Paradis is a better center than Brian Burns is a DE.  I'm not against PFF, but I find their evals suspect when they don't line up with the data.

Even if you gave me 10 respectable links from the  end of year rankings, I wouldn't care.

Baker was sacked 43 times and Sam was sacked 35 times.  Your line ranking doesn't mean shlt when you're peeling your qb off the turf.   At one point both of the Browns starting tackles were down.   For rushing, their 2.5YBC ranked 15th. 

When your pressure% is 19th, and you're 27th in sacks allowed, a "great" line doesn't look that great.  

How were the rankings before the season with dates of 2022?

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

No it doesn't lol

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

And why was that when they were graded out best Oline in the league and ours second to last after Miami?

Read the stats yourself:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/advanced.htm

I think the ratings were on the starting OL and their line got decimated during the year.  Their pressure%, sacks total, YBC and  pocket time,  were all below average or horrible.

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

Read the stats yourself:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/advanced.htm

I think the ratings were on the starting OL and their line got decimated during the year.  Their pressure%, sacks total, YBC and  pocket time,  were all below average or horrible.

Yes, they had some injuries on the oline that hurt them a bit, but "pressure" can mean and be caused by several different things including the QB/play calling, etc. The entire back up Browns Oline was better than ours last year. 

6 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

No it doesn't lol and idc what article or stats say that that is completely false and fake news. I think Baker is better than Darnold (barely), but he is no where near a top 5 QB like you think and I don't think anyone on the planet would say Darnold had a better line than Baker. Thats a wild statement. 

I didn't say Baker is a top 5 QB.
I didn't say Darnold had a better line than Baker.  In fact I said the opposite.

You are arguing with yourself on those.

I did say the Browns line last year was not great.  It just wasn't.

Just now, poundaway said:

I didn't say Baker is a top 5 QB.
I didn't say Darnold had a better line than Baker.  In fact I said the opposite.

You are arguing with yourself on those.

I did say the Browns line last year was not great.  It just wasn't.

I would say it was pretty darn good if not great. When they were healthy it was the best in the entire league. 

3 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Do you realize that was a pre season ranking?  We surrendered the 5th most sacks. The Browns gave up the 6th most. 3 fewer. 

They did have a good run blocking line but the lineup that got that ranking didn't play together much do to injuries.

So basically the Browns had the best Oline and gave up the 6th most sacks??? You are just like Baker.... blame the Oline (like he did) and have a team have to pay to get rid of you and go after a predator b/c they are that desperate to get rid of you.... But its the olines fault right?

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Key words, "when they were healthy."  Problem is, they weren't healthy a lot last year.

So you're blaming the oline and not Baker? Then why did they have to pay to ship Baker away and give a predator who will be suspended for a year the most guaranteed money of all time? They were healthy over half the season... Baker blamed the Oline and the coaching staff, front office and players were like uhhhhh you are a fool ship him out of here and we will pay a team to do it. Why were we the only team interested in Baker? Answer any of those questions, I dare you. End of argument right here.

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

So you're blaming the oline and not Baker?

Huh?  Blame for what?....the short pocket time, high pressure%, or high sacks?

Then why did they have to pay to ship Baker away and give a predator who will be suspended for a year the most guaranteed money of all time?

They entered the Watson sweepstakes to upgrade.  It pissed off Baker. 

Baker asked for the trade.  They TURNED DOWN his request, realized they were screwed and guaranteed everything to Watson to close the deal. 

Bakers reputation in the locker room, recent injuries, sub-par play in 2019/2021, and the Browns dragging their feet on closing a deal, left the Panthers as the only suitors allowing us to dictate terms.

My biggest fear is Baker will have his best season ever... we go 8-9 9-8 and are stuck in no mans land the following year and the Falcons get CJ Stroud/Bryce Young, etc why we aren't in a position to take a QB and don't have one on the roster. Im holding out hope for Corral, but he is a third round pick. Love his release and mindset, but he struggles with decision making. He has some potential though.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 3

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Baker asked for the trade.  They TURNED DOWN his request, realized they were screwed and guaranteed everything to Watson to close the deal. 

Bakers reputation in the locker room, recent injuries, sub-par play in 2019/2021, and the Browns dragging their feet on closing a deal, left the Panthers as the only suitors allowing us to dictate terms.

Why were we the only suitors if he is so good? They turned down his request at first b/c he was literally the only QB on the roster on a rookie deal. They didn't even start to negotiate a long term deal and would've drafted a QB if they didn't get Watson or would've got Jimmy G or tried to trade for another QB. Watson wasnt the only QB they were interested in. They were desperate to move on.

12 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Why wasnt Atlanta interested?