• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

If Corral starts this year then we are going to be in the running for a top 3 pick.  Care to take a guess what position they would probably draft in that scenario? 

My point exactly earlier in this thread.  Corral starting would be a disaster and ensure we draft a 1st rounder at QB who would then likely take his spot. His best scenario is sit and learn.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

You should know that every team does what they think is best for them. And that every year is completely different with different players and staff.  Feel free to ask the old guy or email Rhule to see the rationale. My point in this thread has been simply to point out what seems obvious to me that others seemed so confused about. You can argue you hate the plan but clearly there is one.

No, teams do not spend a lot of draft capital on a qb and instantly delegate them to the 4rth string and not give them a chance to get better.   atl, pitt, skins, Ne and even miami are not doing that

But keep making excuses its pretty comical at this point

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

My point exactly earlier in this thread.  Corral starting would be a disaster and ensure we draft a 1st rounder at QB who would then likely take his spot. His best scenario is sit and learn.

People are advocating that he be set up to learn…..just like teams are doing with other draft picks that they  also aren’t planning to start. 

If the roster is going to be Baker/Sam/Corral. What is the point of spitting starter reps and robbing Baker of the amount he needs….and letting Sam/PJ rob Corral of the amount he needs to grow behind the scenes. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If he is the backup as you advocate then any injury to the starter makes him the starter.

thats not quite the same as what we are saying but good try

also how do you know with more reps and better coaching he couldnt be the backup?  Do you think the skins, pitt or NE would freak out if their rookies had to play?  Based on the past games I seriously doubt it, they somehow got their guys ready

1 minute ago, CRA said:

People are advocating that he be set up to learn…..just like teams are doing with other draft picks that they  also aren’t planning to start. 

If the roster is going to be Baker/Sam/Corral. What is the point of spitting starter reps and robbing Baker of the amount he needs….and letting Sam/PJ rob Corral of the amount he needs to grow behind the scenes. 

Its frustrating he is either trolling or truly doesnt get it

either one is bad

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If he is the backup as you advocate then any injury to the starter makes him the starter.

I think most here concede Corral would be 3rd.  Not the backup.  

The highest cap hit on the roster will be the backup once the charade runs its course. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No, teams do not spend a lot of draft capital on a qb and instantly delegate them to the 4rth string and not give them a chance to get better.   atl, pitt, skins, Ne and even miami are not doing that

It doesn't matter if he's relegated to 4th string. The fact he was drafted was all that needed to be said. PJ isn't the answer as a backup. If he was, there was no need to draft MC. If SD was the answer, there would have been no need to trade for Baker. So what we have is a traded for starter, a traded for draft QB, a bust starting QB and a QB that was replaced in the draft. The FO has already affirmed what everyone in the NFL and fans with common sense knows. Darnold isn't a starter and PJ is replaceable. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I assume McAdoo is competent  and can develop QBs. So if Corral is only getting so many reps it is for a reason. If you don't believe in McAdoo then nothing will make sense.  And I am simply explaining what is happening not trying to defend anyone. From what I have read and seen our offense is improved  and while that could change if we start really sucking, I am fine with how McAdoo is running the offense. But I want to win and prefer vets to rookies.

Rhule needs to read this and figure out a plan

How is it that Willis, the biggest project in the draft coming from a gimmick college system has worked himself from 3rd string to 2nd?   Now are you guys really saying MC is a bigger project then willis?

its like magic, the more they give Willis the better he is getting.  Amazing how that works

Just like with pickett, both had some bad weeks in training camp but the team had a plan to get them up to speed.  I cannot say the same thing for dumb dumb rhule

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/04/malik-willis-titans-qbs-coach-assessment/

Edited by mrcompletely11

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I assume McAdoo is competent  and can develop QBs. So if Corral is only getting so many reps it is for a reason. If you don't believe in McAdoo then nothing will make sense.  And I am simply explaining what is happening not trying to defend anyone. From what I have read and seen our offense is improved  and while that could change if we start really sucking, I am fine with how McAdoo is running the offense. But I want to win and prefer vets to rookies.

Has McAdoo developed a QB? 

Has Rhule ever had good QB play? 

it’s a hard sell IMO that they shouldn’t be questioned.  With both having a past of nonsense and mismanagement.   And they clearly are struggling right now with some easy calls IMO. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Seems we have covered this already. You need 2 guys who can start in this league since both Baker and Sam missed games last year. And Corral is getting what he can handle. You need to be on the sidelines until you know what to do when you get on the field. The hype was great physicals but didn't operate in a prostyle offense.. They are doing him a favor bringing him along slowly.