• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But yet we have teams that are able to get a 7th rounder to out perform MC.  Is that on the evaluation or the develop?  Because its a fug up somewhere down the line.  How is it every and I mean every drafted qb is ahead of our 3rd round pick?

Did those 7th rounders play in a pro ready system or Lane Kiffin one read system in Ole Miss.. Because again @mrcompletely11 it's about context.. The world is not black and white.. You need to add variables and situation when discussing why this and that happens..

• Flames 2

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Did those 7th rounders play in a pro ready system or Lane Kiffin one read system in Ole Miss.. Because again @mrcompletely11 it's about context.. The world is not black and white.. You need to add variables and situation when discussing why this and that happens..

the 7th rounder came from a no huddle offense

Willis came from a one read elementary gimmick offense

Zappe came from a run and shoot offense

But by the grace of God I suppose those coaching staffs got them more prepared then MC

If our staff evaluated MC and went into thinking "this guys is going to take 2 years to get up to speed" and we traded up for him, then the entire lot needs to be fired on the spot

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Crazy Part is Trevour..  Even Matt Corral said this..

When he was talking about how he wished he choose a different college.. That would have prepared him better for this transition  ..

And some ppl still couldn't understand this..

Neat trick offenses that work in college because power teams completely outclass others have all have a very short shelf life in the NFL....

The RPO, the Wildcat Spread ect all cute vogue wrinkles that have stuck around in college because of talent disparity... They don't work long term in the NFL... It's one of the big reasons QBs and OTs have had such a harder transition.

7 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Corral likely won't make it. But the trade up for him was to placate fans knowing we would go into the season with only Darnold. The team panicked and we've wasted another valuable draft pick on a QB who won't offer us wins.

Pretty standard for this org.

Can the process play the fug out before we go into he will never be nothing mode??

When did football become a 1 year is all you need to know league??

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Neat trick offenses that work in college because power teams completely outclass others have all have a very short shelf life in the NFL....

The RPO, the Wildcat Spread ect all cute vogue wrinkles that have stuck around in college because of talent disparity... They don't work long term in the NFL... It's one of the big reasons QBs and OTs have had such a harder transition.

Ironically, most modern NFL offenses more closely resemble a typical college offense than they do the stereotypical "NFL offense" of the '80s. The college game has been the primary driver of innovation in the game for awhile now.

• Pie 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

Can the process play the fug out before we go into he will never be nothing mode??

As my man Julian Council pointed out in his podcast today, when MC goes under the knife its roughly an 11 month process of recovery.  Meaning its going to be extremely tight getting him ready and competing for 2023.  So if we are looking at 2024 as the year he takes over then that is basically a generation in nfl years.  So much can happen in that time and I am pretty damn certain we will have a new coach with the next 24 months and if so its a completely moot point. 

So even in the best case scenario that Baker balls out and rhule stays.  Baker is getting a new 3-4-5 year deal.  Now are you thinking at some point down the line MC beats him out?  Sure that could happen, is it likely fug no

2 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Corral likely won't make it. But the trade up for him was to placate fans knowing we would go into the season with only Darnold. The team panicked and we've wasted another valuable draft pick on a QB who won't offer us wins.

Pretty standard for this org.

We had our choice we could have moved up for Willis and Howell was available. I would have been fine with either and Willis had the highest ceiling out of all but the staff made their choice and we're stuck with it.

• Beer 1

But by the grace of God I suppose those coaching staffs got them more prepared then MC

If our staff evaluated MC and went into thinking "this guys is going to take 2 years to get up to speed" and we traded up for him, then the entire lot needs to be fired on the spot

Willis hasn't proven a thing, he's playing back yard football in the preseason and has displayed horrible accuracy and an inability to get past his first read before taking off agaist defenses that are calling baby butter plays with no gamelan.

You take way too much stock in the preseason.

Just now, WOW!! said:

Not a chance this is the huddle.... Ickeys a bust Corral is either the savior whose been railroaded or a bust....

*sarcasm* Knee jerk reactions.

You traded up for the physical talent and upside play... Do you not get how football works anymore??

Corral physical is way more arm talent then everybody in this draft not name Wills.. It was the mental part ppl were worried about.. 

Let me say this slowly..

If you can get him the mental part .. You have a guy with Matt Stafford type arm talent and faster feet..

Is that not worth a 3rd next year and 1 to 2 years of patience??

Hell yessss!!

Damm!!!

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Willis hasn't proven a thing, he's playing back yard football in the preseason and has displayed horrible accuracy and an inability to get past his first read before taking off agaist defenses that are calling baby butter plays with no gamelan.

You take way too much stock in the preseason.

Not a chance this is the huddle.... Ickeys a bust Corral is either the savior whose been railroaded or a bust....

*sarcasm* Knee jerk reactions.

Willis hasnt proven a thing?  Okay dokey buddy

He has proven he can start an nfl preseason game and move the ball.  He has proven to start at the bottom of the totem pole and work his way up.   He was a much much bigger project then our boy and yet here we are

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Willis hasnt proven a thing?  Okay dokey buddy

He has proven he can start an nfl preseason game and move the ball.  He has proven to start at the bottom of the totem pole and work his way up.   He was a much much bigger project then our boy and yet here we are

Lol... Hahahahaha..

Jimmy Clausen proved he could play in the preseason..

Look how dumb that sounds..

• Flames 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ironically, most modern NFL offenses more closely resemble a typical college offense than they do the stereotypical "NFL offense" of the '80s. The college game has been the primary driver of innovation in the game for awhile now.

Yet that innovation generally doesn't last long.... or work unless you have a ridiculously stacked offense. 

NFL rule changes had more to do with it in my opinion... those offenses were unstoppable after the recent enforcement changes.... and yet elite defenses have already adapted. 

• Pie 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

Lol... Hahahahaha..

Jimmy Clausen proved he could play in the preseason..

Look how dumb that sounds..

The players and teams I have listed have clearly shown they can work with their draft picks and get them up to speed and have them produce in preseason games.  I am not saying they are all pros I am simply saying that every single drafted qb has shown much much more then our boy.  Thats either on development and/or evaluation because when a 4rth, 5th and a 7th round qb are clearly outplaying our guy something is amiss. 

7 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Yet that innovation generally doesn't last long.... or work unless you have a ridiculously stacked offense. 

NFL rule changes had more to do with it in my opinion... those offenses were unstoppable after the recent enforcement changes.... and yet elite defenses have already adapted. 

Have they? Average yards and points have been steadily increasing for the past 20 years.

Yeah, elite defenses are going to do what they do but that's cherry picking. Look at league averages for the better overall picture.