• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

and the major injury is probably not going to help matters

I stand by what I said last night, this will probably zap any chance he may have starting for us in his career.  

Very possible. If Rhule is retained Mayfield likely played well enough to warrant an extension. If Rhule is fired a new staff will want their own shiny new QB.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

6-7 wins in his 3rd season is the definition of suck

I agree with this, but Rippadon wasn't confident enough in that outcome to bet unless he upped the win total to 10 wins. Hence me saying that "Looks like you're not as confident that they're going to suck as you pretend to be."

Just now, Floppin said:

I agree with this, but Rippadon wasn't confident enough in that outcome to bet unless he upped the win total to 10 wins. Hence me saying that "Looks like you're not as confident that they're going to suck as you pretend to be."

wtf is the betting on a message board?  Do you guys understand just how fuging stupid that is? 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Very possible. If Rhule is retained Mayfield likely played well enough to warrant an extension. If Rhule is fired a new staff will want their own shiny new QB.

Yeah, but I think that was already the case. Everything for Rhule hinges on Baker's play this season. If he's good enough to save Rhule then he's gonna play more than this year and if not, well the new staff was going to draft someone because they're not going to role with a 3rd rounder that they're not familiar with.

Corral was never going to start here from day one.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Yeah, but I think that was already the case. Everything for Rhule hinges on Baker's play this season. If he's good enough to save Rhule then he's gonna play more than this year and if not, well the new staff was going to draft someone because they're not going to role with a 3rd rounder that they're not familiar with.

Corral was never going to start here from day one.

I think he would've potentially stood a better chance of being able to compete next year with a retained but hypothetically relatively lukewarm Mayfield or possibly a drafted rookie of the next staff.

Sidelined for a year missing reps for a QB badly needing NFL development is major speed bump.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he would've potentially stood a better chance of being able to compete next year with a retained but hypothetically relatively lukewarm Mayfield or possibly a drafted rookie of the next staff.

Sidelined for a year missing reps for a QB badly needing NFL development is major speed bump.

The coach never cared. He loves used underwear and that's just how he rolls, he'll take em' dook streaks and all.

He needs to be fired. He can't develop rookies. Second hand QBs are second, third hand for a reason.

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The coach never cared. He loves used underwear and that's just how he rolls, he'll take em' dook streaks and all.

He needs to be fired. He can't develop rookies. Second hand QBs are second, third hand for a reason.

Matt was not ready for the NFL, and clearly was an injury concern. 

If you'd gotten your way, and he got all the training camp reps, and he won the starting job, and he sent you a dick pic, and all your dreams came true, all that would have happened is he would have gotten injured anyway in week 1 or 2 and we'd be starting Baker or PJ anyway. You can't "develop" a stronger foot. 

• Poo 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, maybe but the chance just seems so very minuscule from my perspective. I think once it was realized that Corral just wasn't anywhere close to pro-ready that his chances of ever starting here were completely thrown out the window.

Just now, Floppin said:

Yeah, maybe but the chance just seems so very minuscule from my perspective. I think once it was realized that Corral just wasn't anywhere close to pro-ready that his chances of ever starting here were completely thrown out the window.

Then as I have pointed out previously, we have bigger issues then we normally thought. 

7 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Very possible.

If I remember correctly, our ramped up interest in Mayfield seemed to roughly coincide with rookie mini-camp so that would make sense.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Matt was not ready for the NFL, and clearly was an injury concern. 

If you'd gotten your way, and he got all the training camp reps, and he won the starting job, and he sent you a dick pic, and all your dreams came true, all that would have happened is he would have gotten injured anyway in week 1 or 2 and we'd be starting Baker or PJ anyway. You can't "develop" a stronger foot. 

He wasn't ready for full speed. Throwing or running. Reps are physically and mentally beneficial. Without reps,without practicing, playing football at a high level of intensity and to be expected as a rookie to come in and play without that support. Of course something like this would happen.

Nothing takes the place of actually playing football. Studying football doesn't get you ready to play football. He wasn't valued, he wasn't appreciated and was only an afterthought as far as our amateur coach was concerned.

He set Matt Corral up for failure, not success, he never wanted him. 4th string QBs usually WON'T be ready by design, Matt Rhules design.

But... Baker, Baker, Baker, smh... follow Matt Rhule into that dark hole if you want to, I'll watch from back here.

• Pie 1