• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Rhule - for real/non-spastic

davos

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

His theory in college is awesome, take really athletic players that dont have positions and get them in your system and figure something out.  That poo just doesnt work in the nfl, they have to know how to actually play

I remember Butch Davis commenting that he'll take all the 220ish pound athletes he can get because once you get those guys on campus they can potentially end up just about anywhere he it RB, LB, TE, DE, S, whatever.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Stop it. Rhule has been clueless his whole tenure, way before Matt Corral. We knew he was garbage after Teddy/Sam.

If you're a Corral doubter just say so. Don't insult our intelligence. Your Coach has shown absolutely 0 signs of getting a clue. He's so terrible at his job they had to bring in HC experience to prop up his sorry excuse for leadership.

I'm not a Corral doubter. But holding up Matt Corral's rocky NFL debut and weak foot as evidence of failure of Rhule's coaching is dumb.

In fact it shows he was right to bring him along slowly. His job isn't to pave the way for a third round QB. It's to get an NFL team ready for a 17 game  NFL season. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

This will be rhule’s first year with a competitive roster. He has no wiggle room. He also has a chance to prove he has the chops. It’s going to be a very telling year. Really is boom or bust.

This. 

This.

Only this.

The end. 

10 hours ago, hepcat said:

I legitimately do not know what he does well as an NFL head coach. Can anyone tell me? 

From what I can see he’s a smooth talker who grifted a naive new owner into giving him a ridiculous contract with little to back it up. 

He had 1 season of NFL experience prior to being hired as an NFL head coach, as an assistant position coach no less. Not a coordinator, not even a position coach, an assistant position coach.

He never beat a ranked team as head coach at Baylor, and beat one at Temple (and it was ECU which doesn’t really count)

What has Rhule done to deserve to be where he is? “Rebuild” the Baylor program? They didn’t beat a ranked team while he was there!

It is no surprise the Panthers have struggled since he arrived. It’s going to be another rough season. The schedule is harder than last year and I don’t see this team pulling out a miracle season.

If he is the head coach next year, without a playoff appearance in 2022, I might just give up on this team until he’s gone. 

I hear you, man. Rhule’s got at least another two years here, even if he goes 0–17.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I remember Butch Davis commenting that he'll take all the 220ish pound athletes he can get because once you get those guys on campus they can potentially end up just about anywhere he it RB, LB, TE, DE, S, whatever.

I went to HS with a guy who was our punter and fullback. He was recruited to a P5 school as a tight end, moved to DL, was all-conference and made it to the NFL as an OL. Dude literally did it all. 

Just now, GOAT said:

our best case is he gets fired mid season and McAdoo takes over. We have a similar run as the Raiders did last year with their interim and then we hire a real coach next year.

That's the BEST case?!

Holy poo it's embarrassing that you people call yourselves fans

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

our best case is he gets fired mid season and McAdoo takes over. We have a similar run as the Raiders did last year with their interim and then we hire a real coach next year.

why would you want that?  If he gets canned midseason thats a wrap and we are playing for draft position at that point

Just now, Captroop said:

That's the BEST case?!

Holy poo it's embarrassing that you people call yourselves fans

sorry, best case is he changes everything from his coaching style, philosophy, game managing, play calling, locker room presence, etc - we win every game and win the super bowl.

guy is dogshit bro, I love my panthers and will watch every snap - but this dude is never going to bring success to the team so it's kinda just a waiting game. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

why would you want that?  If he gets canned midseason thats a wrap and we are playing for draft position at that point

that would show that it really is him that was holding the team back, and that we have talent to win with competent coaching. maybe even have a wildcard game and end things on a high note.

playing for draft position is a hoax created by kids. tanking is not real.

also really don't care about the whole draft position things, good teams draft good players.

our first pick this year is looking pretty bleak and our last year pick didn't even really play and the jury is still out.