• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Buffalo to rest most starters (including Allen) vs Carolina in Preseason finale

jamos14

46 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Na, Rivera def got all this hate, problem was it was for only like a couple weeks. In 2013 between him losing to the bills to start the season 0-2 the calls for firing were at a fever pitch then they died down a bit when he went 1-2 the following week and came back full throttle when he went 1-3 against Arizona, I think even Steve Smith was talking poo after the Arizona game. That, ofc, was the last time until 2019 fans were begging for their Hc to be fired.

Whenever we start winning, I still have a feeling that people will still want Rhule to be fired.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, CRA said:

They were better at their jobs though.  It’s like saying Moton wasn’t bitched as much as the rest of the OL added together. 

Matt Rhule is bitched about like others guys that have sucked really bad here.  Whether that was a coach or player Difference is, those guys have all been fired.  Even Marty Hurney or Shula had some positives to talk on amid the horribleness.  Rhule doesn’t have that. 

So the defense isn't a positive? That first season when he got here people thought our defense was going to be worse than it was. We were the #2 rank defense last year. I know people may scoff at that but the numbers are the numbers I will admit our rushing defense is a lot less to be desired but I put that towards scheme and the type of players we have on defense. I think that's a positive.

I think another positive is that Rhule doesn't sit on mistakes long. Teddy B was gone after the year, Sam Darnold replaced, they did try to fix the offensive line last year. They even addressed it again this off-season. Those are failures at QB and offensive line by Rhule but the positive I take from that is that at least he is trying to fix the problems instead of just ignoring it like Rivera did.

Last off-season, we signed LB Denzel Perryman. He was hurt and didn't practice at all. We cut him. People were glad that we did. The raiders picked him up and I think he even went to the pro-bowl. Those same people were now calling Rhule an idiot for cutting him.

I understand the criticisms for Rhule and they are valid but I do also see some positives.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Darknight said:

So the defense isn't a positive? That first season when he got here people thought our defense was going to be worse than it was. We were the #2 rank defense last year. I know people may scoff at that but the numbers are the numbers I will admit our rushing defense is a lot less to be desired but I put that towards scheme and the type of players we have on defense. I think that's a positive.

I think another positive is that Rhule doesn't sit on mistakes long. Teddy B was gone after the year, Sam Darnold replaced, they did try to fix the offensive line last year. They even addressed it again this off-season. Those are failures at QB and offensive line by Rhule but the positive I take from that is that at least he is trying to fix the problems instead of just ignoring it like Rivera did.

Last off-season, we signed LB Denzel Perryman. He was hurt and didn't practice at all. We cut him. People were glad that we did. The raiders picked him up and I think he even went to the pro-bowl. Those same people were now calling Rhule an idiot for cutting him.

I understand the criticisms for Rhule and they are valid but I do also see some positives.

I mean, there are positives in any situation.  Put the pros on one side, negatives on the other.  It's not close with Rhule when you looked at what is stacked on each side.  That's why he gets what he gets.   I just don't see the point on talking about finding a positive here or there given they are so outweighed. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, there are positives in any situation.  Put the pros on one side, negatives on the other.  It's not close with Rhule when you looked at what is stacked on each side.  That's why he gets what he gets.   I just don't see the point on talking about finding a positive here or there given they are so outweighed. 

You stated that Rhule didn't have any positives amid the horribleness. I was stating that I do see some positives from Rhule. One thing he does have over Rivera and maybe even Foxy is that he doesn't stay with things long term.

• Pie 1