• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule hate....

tarheelfan23

we have a team that will compete this year....roster is the best it has been since Rhule has been here....he has seasoned coaches that he is able to let coach and not have to hover over them like he had too last couple seasons....he can focus on being the head man...

sit back and pop some popcorn...going to be a awesome year....think 2015ish

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

I knew you would come rushing to poor ol Joe Brady's aid.

Are you going to turn this into another Joe Brady lovefest thread, once again trying to mask it  with hatred for Rhule?

joe-brady-photo.png?w=1200&h=0&zc=1&s=0&

Interesting, once again, I had no problem with anything you said about Joe Brady.  I just noted it was also a prefect description of Matt Rhule.  It applies to both.

and I no longer believe your postings are actually serious.  You are just getting your kicks defending Matt Rhule.   Because you clearly are an alt. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Interesting, once again, I had no problem with anything you said about Joe Brady.  I just noted it was also a prefect description of Matt Rhule.  It applies to both.

and I no longer believe your postings are actually serious.  You are just getting your kicks defending Matt Rhule.   Because you clearly are an alt. 

he admitted early he is an alias, trying to figure which frequently banned poster he is

Just now, CRA said:

I had other posts on the thread.  The one you came rushing to was the one about your man crush, Joe Brady.  You did the, "I know you are but what am I" routine with Brady and Rhule.  Its fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, tarheelfan23 said:

This has to stop, the guy can coach. End of story.  He had some struggles to start off his NFL career, but really who doesn't?   This is his 3rd year and time to shine, just watch as he takes off and takes this team to a place we have never been.  In 5 years his name will be up there in the top 5 easy if not the best coach in the NFL.  Buckle up and get ready for a wild fun ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the jury is most definitely out. This season will tell us a lot. 

One thing though: coaching in the NCAA and in the NFL are practically two different things, because you're going from kids to grown men.

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'll bite.

All those circumstances you listed? Those were self inflicted by Rhule. 

He chose to get rid of Cam and roll with Teddy, then get rid of Teddy and roll with Darnold. 

He put the offensive line together by going out and making sure we got "versatile" guys in erving and elflein on DAY ONE of FA last year.

He forcefed CMC right after a season where he had over 400 touches.

He put together the inexperienced NFL staff that failed the past two seasons.

There are PLENTY of other head coaching candidates that could have come in and done better than what Rhule has shown thus far, because they wouldn't have done as many dumb things as Rhule has done.

Okay, if you're going to bring up rookie mistakes as failure in coaching (as though we hold rookie players to the same standard) then I'd counter that not repeating those mistakes is representative of a positive in terms of his coaching ability.

He didn't build the O-Line. The GM and the available free agents did. And that's not even a slight on Fitt. There was no one on the market we could practicably get.

...And really? Cam is the hill you're gonna choose to die on? Are you really going to hold up not renewing Cam as a failure of coaching? Knowing what we know now, moving on from Cam was 100% the right move. And Teddy was really the only option.

Rhule made mistakes, I grant you, and from where I'm sitting he's not repeating them.

However, regardless of what his moves were, no one was coming into the situation in Carolina and succeeding the last 2 years. NFL-experienced coordinators or not, he would have been rolling with broken down Cam or Teddy, and the best O-Line the FA market would bear out.

• Pie 1

Just now, poundaway said:

I had other posts on the thread.  The one you came rushing to was the one about your man crush, Joe Brady.  You did the, "I know you are but what am I" routine with Brady and Rhule.  Its fun to watch. 

yes, you had other posts.  But you also had one that perfectly summarized both Joe Brady and Matt Rhule.  So perfectly that I pointed it out. 

But again, you have ruined the illusion you actually believe what you type by admitting to being an alt. It was entertaining for a moment.  

• The D 1