• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Could Be our “Brees”

42 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I said this back when it was first looking like Baker would be coming here and I got laughed out of the room. It's amazing how perspectives have changed in the short time since.

Hope it all works out great.

The amount of Baker hate was pretty comical considering we had a 3rd round QB from a bad QB class and Sam fuging Darnold.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Yeah, I'm not 100% on it either, but he has the best chance of anyone we've had under Rhule/end of Rivera. Unrelated to stats, he actually looks and acts like a star player too. Sam never had that demeanor about him. I remember an interview he had with Greg Olsen on the FOX pregame before week 1 last year. Sam seemed timid and not ready.

Sam has always seemed like he was a deer in the headlights, even off the field.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Brees was a Charger for two years if I remember correctly. Baker was a four year Brown. They had plenty of time to see if he was the next Brees or not.

Spoiler alert: ...

Yeah....they also had plenty of time to decide if Watson was a good idea....or , if OBJ was worth it. You can't use this argument when the Cleveland Browns are involved.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The amount of Baker hate was pretty comical considering we had a 3rd round QB from a bad QB class and Sam fuging Darnold.

It was. People were raging over giving up a future 5th and taking on $5 million for our starting QB. I was baffled. We got him for so cheap with no long term attachments.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It was. People were raging over giving up a future 5th and taking on $5 million for our starting QB. I was baffled. We got him for so cheap with no long term attachments.

The sad part is that there was WAAAAAY less flak from the Darnold trade than the Baker trade.

I am starting to think Panther fans just literally have forgotten what skill at the QB position actually looks like.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The sad part is that there was WAAAAAY less flak from the Darnold trade than the Baker trade.

I am starting to think Panther fans just literally have forgotten what skill at the QB position actually looks like.

The Sam trade had me skeptical.  I didn't like that 2nd rounder, but I was a little curious to see how he would do out of NYJ.  The Same EXTENSION was the stupidest poo I've seen.  I was all about drafting Fields and letting him compete with Sam/take over next season.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The Sam trade had me skeptical.  I didn't like that 2nd rounder, but I was a little curious to see how he would do out of NYJ.  The Same EXTENSION was the stupidest poo I've seen.  I was all about drafting Fields and letting him compete with Sam/take over next season.  

I thought the trade was completely foolish. He was a terrible player that showed very little potential. He lived up to that reputation.

The extension had me livid.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2