• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Three Top Corners.

Panthers Fan 69

14 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The play he slipped and Xavier Woods was over the top? That wasnt a TD, but a decent gain. Horn got beat by a veteran at the line on a single play.. not sure we can use that to say he was a missed pick.

I also wouldnt be defending Fields.. the guy still doesnt look like an nfl QB. There is a reason the bears elected to pass the ball less than 20x times today.

Because they have no WRs or pass protection from their OL?? 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

What’s he suppose to see on the field? His WRs not getting separation or his OL letting pass rushers come right through?

Did you watch the game? If you have examples of what you are stating... then lets discuss. As a part time Bears fan.. I watched it... I am still pissed that the Bears drafted him. He is another Marcus Mariota. Only can make plays after the pocket breaks down, and doesnt go through his reads when in the pocket. 

If Fields can turn into the elite QB some think he can be, I will gladly eat crow and be happy for my second favorite team. 

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Did you watch the game? If you have examples of what you are stating... then lets discuss. As a part time Bears fan.. I watched it... I am still pissed that the Bears drafted him. He is another Marcus Mariota. Only can make plays after the pocket breaks down, and doesnt go through his reads when in the pocket. 

If Fields can turn into the elite QB some think he can be, I will gladly eat crow and be happy for my second favorite team. 

I’ve watched some of it. They had all the games on where I ate lunch. The field was awful and his OL was pretty bad. His TD pass to St Brown was nice because he had a couple seconds and the WR got open. I know that franchise has done very little to help him develop. Who is his best receiving weapon? His OL looks to be an issue again. He still got the W against what might be the top defense in the league. 

The Fields not going through his reads BS started in college because he is a “running QB,” and people love to associate that with them. The funny thing is when someone like the writer in the article I’m posting below actually did the research (which he admits can be tricky) they find out he is one of the best at it.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/justin-fields-progressions-first-read-analysis/amp/

While Fields has been criticized for his rate of attempts beyond his first read, I charted Fields as attempting more passes beyond his first read than any of the other top quarterbacks in the class.”

You might be thinking “sure, but he isn’t doing it in the NFL.” My point is, if he has time and actual weapons, we can absolutely go through progressions and was best in his class featuring several elite college QBs at doing it.