• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College GameDay coming to Boone

ladypanther

8 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Why when they can match up with the big boys.

The Panthers are the same way. Many people I know that pull for different teams could care less about the Panthers, but the generally like the team.

You don’t develop rivalries by matching up with the ‘big boys.’ Until the playoffs expand, App has no chance at the them regardless of how well they play. Hell, even once the playoffs do expand, App’s success is exclusive to them just as Carolina’s success is exclusive to them. When Carolina loses to NC State it sucks because 1) they are right down the road and we’ll hear about it all year and 2) it’s an ACC game.

If you would have given me the option of losing to App while also guaranteeing that we’d win our division, I can say I’d be totally fine with that trade.

App on the other hand seems so caught up with Carolina that if I gave you guys the same option, you’d rather beat Carolina than win the Sun Belt.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

App on the other hand seems so caught up with Carolina that if I gave you guys the same option, you’d rather beat Carolina than win the Sun Belt.

Nah, not true at all. While every App State fan obviously loves winning against in state P5 teams for that in state poo talking value, we'd all rather win the Sun Belt if given a choice because that's where our only "championships" come from.

Now, if you were talking about beating top 10 P5 teams then that's a different story, as the more wins that we get in that regard the more opportunities that open up for the advancement of the program within college football as a whole at a greater pace than just continually dominating the Sun Belt. It just sucks that the only consistently top 10 team in the Carolinas is Clemson. Beating UNC or SC doesn't mean much really. Just another mediocre P5 school.

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Nah, not true at all. While every App State fan obviously loves winning against in state P5 teams for that in state poo talking value, we'd all rather win the Sun Belt if given a choice because that's where our only "championships" come from.

Now, if you were talking about beating top 10 P5 teams then that's a different story, as the more wins that we get in that regard the more opportunities that open up for the advancement of the program within college football as a whole at a greater pace than just continually dominating the Sun Belt. It just sucks that the only consistently top 10 team in the Carolinas is Clemson. Beating UNC or SC doesn't mean much really. Just another mediocre P5 school.

I mean if that’s the case, talk trash about Clemson then. Like I said, most Carolina fans don’t care about App one way or the other and hope App has success. The only Carolina fan that I see in here that’s talking poo is 4Corners and we all know he’s at the other end of the spectrum.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You don’t develop rivalries by matching up with the ‘big boys.’ Until the playoffs expand, App has no chance at the them regardless of how well they play. Hell, even once the playoffs do expand, App’s success is exclusive to them just as Carolina’s success is exclusive to them. When Carolina loses to NC State it sucks because 1) they are right down the road and we’ll hear about it all year and 2) it’s an ACC game.

If you would have given me the option of losing to App while also guaranteeing that we’d win our division, I can say I’d be totally fine with that trade.

No reason for UNC to schedule App or ECU. Nothing gain by a win and a lot to lose. It’s basically their Super Bowl when UNC comes to town. 

if App loses to Troy their season is dunzo 

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

I mean if that’s the case, talk trash about Clemson then. Like I said, most Carolina fans don’t care about App one way or the other and hope App has success. The only Carolina fan that I see in here that’s talking poo is 4Corners and we all know he’s at the other end of the spectrum.

I was going to bring him up before, but honestly most of the App fans only talk poo in direct response to 4Corners baiting and trolling. No App Fans really give a poo about UNC. They're largely irrelevant in the football world.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I got no beef with App. I got in to App and almost went. Everyone I know who went to App is good people for the most part and Boone is an awesome town. Good folks up there. Most app fans I know are Carolina fans during basketball season anyway. 

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

I was going to bring him up before, but honestly most of the App fans only talk poo in direct response to 4Corners baiting and trolling. No App Fans really give a poo about UNC. They're largely irrelevant in the football world.

Yeah UNC is “largely irrelevant” in the football world so much that App State had to whittle and carve like 10k more seats because their high school stadium couldn’t take the record breaking crowd that came with Irrelevant UNC and not to mention it was probably App’s first nationally televised espn game in 5 years. #YouWelcomeFam

Just now, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Hey guys we're running the ball for like 9 yards a carry, let's get cute with a bunch of play actions and have Chase Brice run around for a 5 yard loss

Yeah, our play calling has left a bit to be desired so far on both sides of the ball at times.