• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well at least we are not Dallas...

Snake

25 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Sure you didn't. I said it is week 1, and I'll wait a few weeks to judge THIS team.

And you jumped right in with. "It's not week 1. It's week 35". You may not have exactly twisted my words. But you sure ignored them to dump on Rhule.

So like I said. Exactly how this board works. I'm Wrong because I didn't dis on Rhule, and have a differing thought line. 

Several people this offseason told me they had "facts" to back up that Rhule was going to be a better coach this year.

When I asked them to cite what those facts were, the vast majority stated one of two things: "His college teams got better in year three" or "We had the number two defense in the NFL last year".

As has been pointed out, Rhule's college teams also improved in year two, but his pro team finished with the same record and actually looked worse so counting on the year three magic doesn't really make much sense.

The number two defense thing was always silly, but I think after Sunday not too many people are going to be referring back to that.

Now "I'm trying to be positive" or "I'm trying to keep an open mind" is perfectly valid, but it's not a fact. You said "facts", so with that in mind I'm willing to hear what facts you think you have.

I'd keep in mind though that since you said you're not talking about the past, anything you cite from previous seasons will be hindered by that statement.

Edited by Mr. Scot