• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other games

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wanted Fields but honestly any young QB would be screwed here. But then again they're screwed in Chicago too, so...

😂

Yeah that's my issue. On a pure player level I'd take him over Mac Jones/Corral/paying Baker $30M a year, I don't like any QB's in the draft next year etc... 

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yeah I'll pass.  I want to see an OSU QB work out before I take one.

But what if that one OSU QB that works out will be the only one that works out for a long time? Look at Herbert and Oregon. Name me another successful QB that came from Oregon.

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I didn't want Fields because I don't like drafting Ohio State QB's.  I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.

I think that’s why a lot of people are skeptical of Stroud but in my opinion, they are two completely different people.

Stroud has elite accuracy while having a lightning fast release and when he scrambles he keeps his eyes downfield. His arm talent is also ridiculous, some of the windows that he can fit the ball into are insane. I think his game will translate to the NFL because he does everything at an insane pace.

Fields made the comment about the NFL being too slow for him but in reality I think it’s too fast. He doesn’t process the game quick enough in my opinion and his release is subpar.

Fields just seems like an average QB to me as where Stroud seems like he could be a legit Justin Herbert type of player. I’d like to see Stroud use his legs more but OSU might be telling him to stay in the pocket, similar to what Oregon told Herbert.

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I will say if we get a new coach and GM and select Stroud I won't be upset.  I'm just saying I'd be worried about the bust potential is all.  I like Bryce Young more, but I don't know poo about who's going to be good. I thought Herbert was a guaranteed bust.

If we get a new coach + either Bryce or Stroud going into next year, my excitement level is through the roof. That would bring some fire back to Charlotte.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1