• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

hand injury = total BS?

PuntJake

i could see how this might be a team orchestrated injury to allow hurney and fox to bench jake without taking the responsibility of doing so just in case the moore experiment fails, then they can avoid the responsibility of having made the decision to bench jake.

GROW A PAIR JOHN FOX AND MAKE THE CALL TO BENCH JAKE FOR POOR PLAY! and not for some trumped up injury for a hangnail!

"deflect and deny" has worked the past few seasons, why stop now? the "injuries" excuse has explained away more than one losing season thus far in fox's career.

While the timing is perfect, it's got to be real. You could tell from the way Fox was defending Jake that he still believes in him. Can't really be surprised, Jake is why Fox was thought of as a great coach for so many years (even up to last year...).

Fox is a good coach. Made some bad decisions, but fundamentally I think what he coaches and preaches is the right way to win football games. Turnovers however make his gameplan moot. Having a player that has 22 turnovers through 11 games means that you are not winning the turnover battle. Add fumbles by RB's into that, and your definitely not winning. There is no coach in the league that can win with that many turnovers.

His loyalty to Jake appears to be his greatest weakness. Having loyalty toward the best QB(by the wins/loses) in your franchise history isn't the worst thing I can think of. I don't think with Jakes implosion and all the Injuries that Fox will be fired this year and it just so happens that Jakes hand injury helps even more because it forces him to play the backup.

Archived