• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sean Payton to coach in 2023 for the right team

Ja  Rhule

23 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/new-orleans-saints-sean-payton-on-the-hot-seat

You can’t act like it wasn’t real. I vividly remember PTI segments discussing it.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_9569bfba-d5c0-5e83-9c31-30a745118543.amp.html

here is a more local flair

Again, neither fans nor the media influence the job security of a head coach; especially in a small market like New Orleans with a stable ownership and front office like we have in place. The media might have far more pull in larger markets like New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, ect. But not here.

If the fans and media in smaller markets had that much pull, wouldn’t Rhule be fired by now? 

Also that first article made me laugh on the discussion about how bad Allen’s defense is only a year into his tenure at DC. Fast forward to three top-10 scoring defenses (including two top-5’s) later, safe to say the media doesn’t know 💩

🤣

7 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Pretty sure their rights to him end this year 

Unless a team ponies up to the asking price, he won’t be on a sideline until 2025.

And that’s only if his contract doesn’t “freeze” due to him not coaching. I’ve seen conflicting stories of whether it does or not. 

Edited by Iron Saint