• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Saints at Panthers GameDay Thread!

Zod

18 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

very little, mostly towards official calls.

I was in the suite around 30 yard line and I did notice that DJ Moore doesn't get open, EVER. And Robbie Anderson runs a lot of deep routes that are always double covered. We run very little motion before the snap. Honestly the offense is so vanilla and predictable, no wonder Mayfield is struggling. He did miss a some open players in the intermediate though.

I thought that was who Rhule was talking about in the press conference today when he said “they can make plays but they need to get open”. I don’t know if it’s just because they put their best guy on him or if he is just having issues getting separation this year.

One problem we're facing is that Baker, in this offense, doesn't have a superstar throw the ball to as a bailout. The reason Baker needs a superstar receiving threat is because Baker is not a good QB. Teddy Bridgewater made DJ look terrific because he threw DJ open with leading passes, and then DJ in full stride is hard for any DB to bring down. Baker is not confident is throwing DJ open because he's not a good QB. That's why teams don't mind playing us with a single high safety, and man to man. If a team went to man to man against us with Teddy, then Teddy would throw so many completions to DJ and Robby that he would throw them out of man to man and they would switch to zone to stop the bleeding. And Teddy did that with a worse o-line than what Baker has now. Teddy is a better QB than Baker, and Teddy is backup QB. So yes we're drafting a QB in the 2023 draft. Bet your ass on it.

You can see what Baker wants. He wants a stationary target in the middle of the field to hit. Mcadoo knows this and so he sends GIOVANI RICCI to run out there and be the stationary target in the middle of the field for Baker. Why Mcadoo? You know he wants easy passes in the middle of the field. Why give him Ricci, our WORST offensive player on the team, in the middle of the field?

Why don't our receivers know when Baker wants to throw a fade?

Why aren't we running slant routes like crazy?

When we go trips when the Saints are in cover 1, and CMC goes out on the opposite side, then pass has to go to CMC because he is unstoppable in that situation, and he could get a ton of yac. Baker doesn't want to do that and I don't know why. Even Sam would throw to him.

Baker's happy feet dancing has got to stop. He is the worst scrambling QB we've ever had since Vinny and Jake. Stop. Stay in the pocket and THROW. Watching Baker stop looking down field and start staring at the d-line even when he's not in danger hurts my soul. Baker is such a coward. He is so scared of any little tiny hint of pressure, yet if he KEPT HIS EYES down field and threw he'd have way more time to throw than Tom Brady.

I'm already so sick of Baker. Can't wait to get a better QB. Draft can't come soon enough.

Edited by pantherj
  • Flames 1

You can't play scared in the NFL. This is again Rhule and company not being able to evaluate talent.

We knew Baker was coming to crash out. Half of the fans and people in the building knew better but the lower football IQs are truly in charge.

Jim Harbaugh can't get here soon enough.

This "culture" of absolute stupidity needs to go.

We saw this coming but their highly compensated arses couldn't?!?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN