• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ticket prices for Sunday...

therealmjl

17 hours ago, trueblade said:

Was that the game Jake Plummer dropped the ball, it bounced right back to him, and he chucked it down field for a huge gain?

Nah Jake the Snake was well out of the league by then.  It was Jimmy Pickles' first and only (so far, never stop believing) career win as a starter.

I don't even remember who Arizona was starting at quarterback then, I had to look it up.  John Skelton vs. Jimmy Clausen in a quarterback duel for the ages.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

On the one hand, I can watch the game in my warm, dry home, on my 85 inch 4k TV with my own supply of craft beer, or I can drive 3 hours, pay $20 for parking, pay $30 for nosebleed seats, another $10 for some crap beer, sit through intermittent rain showers at 50 degrees for 3+ hours to watch subpar Panthers football, then sit in traffic for over an hour to get out of downtown, followed by another 3 hours to get home. It's just such a tough decision.

Now I'll admit, if I was still living in Charlotte, I'd be tempted. But even then tickets are a fraction of what you're going to ultimately pay and the sitting in traffic for eternity, especially God forbid after a painful loss, is just straight misery.

• Beer 1

On 10/1/2022 at 7:18 AM, therealmjl said:

Ian was already set to be 100% cleared Sunday when I posted that.

It has little to do with the hurricane and everything to do with the current state of the team.

During no time in the Cam Newton era were you buying 100 level tickets for $70.

I think many in the Panther viewing area remember that Hurricane Hugo was a hit and run in inland North & South Carolina. Even after Hugo was gone, it shut Charlotte ( and everything from Chaw’ston - Columbia ) .  So they sell the tickets. 

Hugo was a very powerful hurricane that made landfall in South Carolina and rocketed up to Charlotte so fast that it was still a Category 1 when it was over town.  If Ian had spent some more time over the ocean and the track was just a little different it could have been a similar outcome.  I can't blame people if they got queasy watching it.

• Pie 1