• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is he still here?

Khyber53

Unfortunately, I have not seen anything to the contrary.  My guess is we are stuck with him for the next two months, at a minimum. 

I feel about Rhule's press conferences like I feel about a President's State of the Union Adddress.  I'll listen to about the first three minutes.  Once it becomes clear he is not going to announce his resignation, I move on.

However, I am no longer in the camp of thinking Tepper will keep him around after this season.  That belief hinged on the condition that the team showed improvement and the coaching staff not look as completely clueless when the losses start rolling in as they did last year.  While there is some improvement in certain aspects of the team, the coaching staff is hopelessly like our friend here:

Ashley Allen's Work: deer caught in headlights | Deer, Catch, Ashley allen

• Beer 2

50 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm in no way convinced that there's been a whit of improvement, but that our opponents have been just as hapless for the first four games and the ones for our first three last season.

It's time for this experiment in on the job training to end. 

I'm not sold on any of our first four opponents.  The Giants walk out of September at 3-1, but it is a very weak 3-1.  We may not even be the worst team they have beaten so far.

For us to leave September 1-3 could point us at a 2-3 win season, given our schedule from here on out and our track record as the season progresses under this brain trust.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

He should have been gone last season, now it is too late. 

It would be fun just to see him fired, but none of these other coaches have what it takes to be a HC. We would also lose snow and Wilkes would run zone and blitz every play. 

Let's just hope for next season being better. 

• Beer 1

I’ve come to grips with the fact that he is here until the end of the year and it is going to dramatically improve our draft position by him being here. 

We’ve got four winnable games left on the schedule. Two against Atlanta (though they are clearly a better team than us, one against New Orleans and one against Seattle)

Im thinking we end the season with three wins and pick just behind the Texans in the number two spot next year. 

New coach will inherit a talented defense, a stable offensive line, some nice skill positions and will then need to draft his qb and sign a journeyman backup qb to start the first six games or so (like a foles). 

Not a bad head coaching destination. 

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm in no way convinced that there's been a whit of improvement, but that our opponents have been just as hapless for the first four games and the ones for our first three last season.

It's time for this experiment in on the job training to end. 

Exactly. This was our easiest stretch and we went 1-3. The upcoming games will be eye opening ( and not in a good way)

• Pie 1