• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Since there's not much at all to enjoy in the present, how about some memberberries

t96

16 hours ago, t96 said:

Just came across this again on youtube. Man, I miss all our core players from those days. We may have come up short those few great seasons we had but still, from what we've seen from Tepper and company I'd gladly take that again, at least being relevant and in the mix.

My God

how far, and how quickly, this franchise has fallen

i miss Cam.   So perfectly, imperfect and the best athlete I ever saw play the position 

• Pie 1

I hope it helps some here reminisce of better times but it doesn't work for me.

Growing up in my 20s during the 1970s I saw the team we loved win 4 super bowls in 6 years and those memories are enough for a lifetime.

It was made more special because of personal connections we had with the team and ownership.......my brother was friends with Art Rooney Jr growing up..............Mike Webster belonged to our church and I often sat with him in the pews and talked weight lifting after services.............I used to work out in a gym where LC Greenwood and others lifted...............and I used to serve food and talk sports at the country club pool I worked at with Andy Russell after he retired and worked in banking...

I wish others here a chance at some of that glory the Steelers of the 70s had with your team someday............but unfortunately for me spoiled from the 70s .......any memories of the Panthers are at best "what could have been" 

Leaving Pgh and coming here when I was 43 yrs old in 1998 and following the Panthers was kind of like adapting a red headed step child after the 70s........but then I could have said that for just about any team back then after what I experienced. 

Edited by PghPanther
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

2003 felt like we were the little engine that could. We just kept winning when we weren't supposed to. So that had something special. But it also hurt so badly to lose that way.

2015 felt like a dream run of a season culminating in what was supposed to be a coronation as champions. I was just mad all game long watching that shitshow. It was the worst team we faced all offseason and we poo the bed in a dramatic fashion. 2015 was magical as the season progressed but ended in horrible fashion.

I think what will alway bother me about that  Super Bowl wasn’t that we lost but how we lost. 
To an offense that only scored 10 points and the only reason the Broncos offense scored was because it was in the 1 yard line. All 17 remaining points were by the Broncos defense. Which is how they had been winning games all season. 
Final score would have been 10-3 if the game had of been clean. What could of been. 

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

I hope it helps some here reminisce of better times but it doesn't work for me.

Growing up in my 20s during the 1970s I saw the team we loved win 4 super bowls in 6 years and those memories are enough for a lifetime.

It was made more special because of personal connections we had with the team and ownership.......my brother was friends with Art Rooney Jr growing up..............Mike Webster belonged to our church and I often sat with him in the pews and talked weight lifting after services.............I used to work out in a gym where LC Greenwood and others lifted...............and I used to serve food and talk sports at the country club pool I worked at with Andy Russell after he retired and worked in banking...

I wish others here a chance at some of that glory the Steelers of the 70s had with your team someday............but unfortunately for me spoiled from the 70s .......any memories of the Panthers are at best "what could have been" 

Leaving Pgh and coming here when I was 43 yrs old in 1998 and following the Panthers was kind of like adapting a red headed step child after the 70s........but then I could have said that for just about any team back then after what I experienced. 

But no one can take away that experience. 

I don't need 4 in 6 years, just give me one and I can have that moment. 

The Hurricanes got one and I still remember it and still look back at how awesome it was. 

• Pie 1

What I remembered after watching those 2003 clips were how intelligent the run game was back then. I specifically remember during the Colts game how Collinsworth was talking about how many parts our running game had, how complicated it was, and how many things they could do out of the running game. Henning would have three big bodies hit the hole before the RB and the other side of the defense chasing a reverse. It just seems like our running plays now are just smash into the line hoping something opens up. 

• Pie 1