• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was Rhule worse than Seifert?

Who was worse  

69 members have voted

1. 1. .

• George Seifert
    • Matt Rhule

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Whiel recency bias tends to definitely have an effect on our perspective, see below.

This.  And Seifert had a background and history working with one of the best coaches in league history before coming here, as well as professional players as a professional coach.  Even the 1-15 season, we were so effing close.  It was just so many heartbreaking losses coming down to the last drive or last play from what I remember.  We were competitive.  

Under Rhule, we got worse each season...  we regressed and not just by a little bit.  The fact we knew if the opponent scored 17, we were going to lose is about as hopeless as it gets.  He was horrible.  

we got worst each season with Seifert too. We regressed massively once he took over. Just like that 1-15 season, Rhule had lost many games within a single score here as well. They basically have the exact same story. Except Seifert was a cocky son of a bitch and he wanted people to know. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

we got worst each season with Seifert too. We regressed massively once he took over. Just like that 1-15 season, Rhule had lost many games within a single score here as well. They basically have the exact same story. Except Seifert was a cocky son of a bitch and he wanted people to know. 

I would have to go back and rewatch a lot of the games, but just from memory, I remember feeling like we were competitive but just always seemed to find a way to lose.  Under Rhule, it felt worse than that...  By about halfway through last season, I went into every game KNOWING we would not only lose, but would be embarrassed, look unprepared, and completely outclassed.  

16 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Whiel recency bias tends to definitely have an effect on our perspective, see below.

This.  And Seifert had a background and history working with one of the best coaches in league history before coming here, as well as professional players as a professional coach.  Even the 1-15 season, we were so effing close.  It was just so many heartbreaking losses coming down to the last drive or last play from what I remember.  We were competitive.  

Under Rhule, we got worse each season...  we regressed and not just by a little bit.  The fact we knew if the opponent scored 17, we were going to lose is about as hopeless as it gets.  He was horrible.  

Dude don't even try to argue with him. He's a Rhule simp and can't grasp the reality of facts. 

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Dude, why are you after my opinion like that? I shared why Seifert was the worst coach in Panthers history from my point of view. I had emotional attachment to the entirety of his tenure.

Just bc you and I have different perspectives about shitty coaches doesnt mean anyone is "simping." Whatever that means.

See there's the difference. You have opinions while I have stats to back up my arguments. You can't just white wash things you don't like. By far 2010 and this year were way worse statistically than 2001. By far John Fox and Seifert records were better too as a whole. It's not because it's new. It's because it was that bad. 

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I would have to go back and rewatch a lot of the games, but just from memory, I remember feeling like we were competitive but just always seemed to find a way to lose.  Under Rhule, it felt worse than that...  By about halfway through last season, I went into every game KNOWING we would not only lose, but would be embarrassed, look unprepared, and completely outclassed.  

we know a lot more now than we did then. Thanks to the internet. I really thought week to week under Seifert we were going to win. Even weeks after we lost by multiple scores in a blowout.  If we had the internet and what it is today.... we would have hated Seifert even more. 

We were one of the worst teams all aorund statistically under seifert his final year. We were the worst rushing defense in the league, 3rd to worst passing defense in the league, 5th worst passing team in the league and 3rd worse rushing team in the league. 

2001 we were really bad all around.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

we know a lot more now than we did then. Thanks to the internet. I really thought week to week under Seifert we were going to win. Even weeks after we lost by multiple scores in a blowout.  If we had the internet and what it is today.... we would have hated Seifert even more. 

We were one of the worst teams all aorund statistically under seifert his final year. We were the worst rushing defense in the league, 3rd to worst passing defense in the league, 5th worst passing team in the league and 3rd worse rushing team in the league. 

2001 we were really bad all around.

What do you think we are this year Jesus? You seriously have major blinders on. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

See there's the difference. You have opinions while I have stats to back up my arguments. You can't just white wash things you don't like. By far 2010 and this year were way worse statistically than 2001. By far John Fox and Seifert records were better too as a whole. It's not because it's new. It's because it was that bad. 

oh this will be fun.... please show me stats that showed that we were better in 2001.... I will even provide you a link to the NFL stats for that year provided by NFL.com. I have put the rankings below.

Pass defense: 28th out of 31
Rush defense: 31st out of 31
Pass offense: 27th out of 31

Rush offense: 29th out of 31

Pass defense: 21st out of 31
Rush defense: 23rd out of 31

Pass offense: 31st out of 31

Rush offense: 13th out of 31

Just now, TheCasillas said:

oh this will be fun.... please show me stats that showed that we were better in 2001.... I will even provide you a link to the NFL stats for that year provided by NFL.com. I have put the rankings below.

Pass defense: 28th out of 31
Rush defense: 31st out of 31
Pass offense: 27th out of 31

Rush offense: 29th out of 31

Pass defense: 21st out of 31
Rush defense: 23rd out of 31

Pass offense: 31st out of 31

Rush offense: 13th out of 31

My dude the season hasn't ended yet. I will be sure to tag you when it's over. We are as of right now statistically on a path to be one of the worst offenses ever. We didn't even break 300 yards total offense until yesterday in garbage time with PJ Walker. Our dysfunction isn't going to get better either with the loss of our head coach and DC. Players will give up and we will get worse. 

Just now, Snake said:

My dude the season hasn't ended yet. I will be sure to tag you when it's over. We are as of right now statistically on a path to be one of the worst offenses ever. We didn't even break 300 yards total offense until yesterday in garbage time with PJ Walker. Our dysfunction isn't going to get better either with the loss of our head coach and DC. Players will give up and we will get worse. 

Why did you come at me stating you had stats to prove that 2010 and 2022 were worse than 2001? When now your comment is basicaly is just conjecture? I dont understand the premise of doing that.....