• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to Panthers North?

NAS

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Cam was never best in the NFL at his position. 

Cmac is.

You say best at his position and I say 16-37. If you don't have a real threat at quarterback you've got nothing. Some people are content getting their jollies off watching CMC guide us to 5 win seasons. But the time to end this daydream is here. The NFCS is ripe for the taking. Payton is gone Brees is gone Ryan is gone. Tom Brady is certainly playing his last season of quality football. It's time to develop a quarterback. We can pickup an RB in the draft along the way in the mid rounds while we assemble a beastly offensive line.

• Poo 1

Conflicting reports emerge as to potential Bills-Panthers trade talks for Christian McCaffrey

With the Panthers apparently hitting the reset button, and with the Bills reportedly having past interest in running back Christian McCaffrey, reports are emerging that the Bills and Panthers have spoken about McCaffrey.

And, of course, conflicting reports are emerging that they haven’t.

These things happen from time to time in the NFL. Whether it’s a plausible deniability or technically the truth or a flat-out lie, there are reasons for teams to tell reporters that nothing is happening, even if something is.

The Panthers obviously won’t want to undermine their relationship with McCaffrey prematurely. The Bills may not want to make waves in their own locker room, if for some reason it doesn’t happen.

That doesn’t mean it won’t. How many times has a team publicly denied interest in trading a player before inevitably trading him?

That’s the game. That’s how it often goes.

There’s reason to keep an eye on a potential deal that would send McCaffrey to Buffalo. G.M. Brandon Beane was with the Panthers when McCaffrey became the eighth overall pick, getting the Buffalo job after the 2017 draft. And the Bills would benefit tremendously from McCaffrey’s presence, as they try to get to the Super Bowl for the first time in 29 years and win it for the first time ever.

The question becomes McCaffrey’s salary beyond 2022. Would the Bills re-do the deal now? Would McCaffrey have his contract shortened? What would the Panthers want to move on from McCaffrey?

Regardless of the specific terms of whatever is being reported, it makes sense for the Panthers to move on from McCaffrey — and it makes sense for the Bills to want him. It also makes sense for the two sides to at least talk about the possibility, and to deny doing so.

Last year, the Bills resisted making all-in moves during the season. The Rams didn’t, and the Rams won the Super Bowl thanks in part to trading for Von Miller and signing Odell Beckham Jr. Adding McCaffrey could be exactly what the Bills need to finally deliver a long-coveted Lombardi Trophy to Western New York.

Why not at least make the phone call and see if a deal can be struck? Regardless of whatever the powers-that-be tell reporters between now and the November 1 trade deadline, it would be foolish for the conversation to not occur.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/conflicting-reports-emerge-as-to-potential-bills-panthers-trade-talks-for-christian-mccaffrey/

1 minute ago, frankw said:

You say best at his position and I say 16-37. If you don't have a real threat at quarterback you've got nothing. Some people are content getting their jollies off watching CMC guide us to 5 win seasons. But the time to end this daydream is here. The NFCS is ripe for the taking. Payton is gone Brees is gone Ryan is gone. Tom Brady is certainly playing his last season of quality football. It's time to develop a quarterback. We can pickup an RB in the draft along the way in the mid rounds while we assemble a beastly offensive line.

You better get a  Herschel Walker type deal for Cmac if you're gonna get rid of him.

Otherwise pair him up with Payton who is gonna say, I've now got a better Kamara who isn't a headache. Where do I sign David?

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

You better get a  Herschel Walker type deal for Cmac if you're gonna get rid of him.

Otherwise pair him up with Payton who is gonna say, I've now got a better Kamara who isn't a headache. Where do I sign David?

Running backs aren't worth that now. You're stuck in the pre 2000's era of football. You've been passed by. Join the rest of us in the modern NFL. The thing about Payton is he could still establish offense with or without Kamara. Your entire line of reasoning is built around some assumption that we cannot and will never get comparable production from another RB in the draft. That's silliness to say the least.

42 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

That’s why I pooed you, genius. You made such a big stink about others, and come to find out, you’d do what you chastised others for when it comes to your favorite player

calling others fanboys, and such. You’re a fan boy too, duhh. Don’t worry, you aren’t the only one who gave ppl grief, who just so happen to be huge fans of CMC lol. Also, I never made threads. Got me confused for someone else.

Had a lot more to do with the team he went to and I dang sure wouldn't be up here making threads... 

Panthers fans have no reason to hate the Bills (unlike the Patriots) CMC isn't my favorite player Luke and Smitty were, I didn't go making threads for the Ravens or contribute to the dumb get Luke to unretire.

Honestly with the amount of suck that we have displayed I'm already quietly rooting for the Bills.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Running backs aren't worth that now. You're stuck in the pre 2000's era of football. You've been passed by. Join the rest of us in the modern NFL. The thing about Payton is he could still establish offense with or without Kamara. Your entire line of reasoning is built around some assumption that we cannot and will never get comparable production from another RB in the draft. That's silliness to say the least.

Lol we will never get someone that good at that position again no.

1000 1000 club is  rarefied air.

Edited by Catsfan69

6 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Had a lot more to do with the team he went to and I dang sure wouldn't be up here making threads... 

Panthers fans have no reason to hate the Bills (unlike the Patriots) CMC isn't my favorite player Luke and Smitty were, I didn't go making threads for the Ravens or contribute to the dumb get Luke to unretire.

Honestly with the amount of suck that we have displayed I'm already quietly rooting for the Bills.

No sorry once a player leaves he becomes the enemy. F them once they are gone 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

we fed him the ball on a 5 win team, that was the pinnacle of stupidity

He could have done it in back to back years.

The numbers he could have put up on the 

'03 or '15 teams would have been insane 

As much as I loved Stephen Davis Cmac would have been unstoppable. 

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol we will never get someone that good at that position again no.

1000 1000 club is  rarefied air.

Let's dispense with the fantasies and just talk turkey. He led the entire NFL in touches and we clearly fed him the ball good or bad and didn't really give a poo about winning because we had no hope at QB.

Rarefied air 🤣😂

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

At least get your timeline strait it wasn't until about 2010 that RB value tanked...