• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud

Vox

3 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I can tell you what the odds say based on draft history.  Maybe some guy who gets drafted in the 6th round is gonna pull a Tom Brady in this draft, maybe i'll win a lottery and be able to pay off my house, maybe Corral is Drew Brees.  I dont expect it and its probably not going to happen and i certainly dont budget around it, but it could always happen of course.

Yeah and based on history there are many #1 picks that are busts.  We got one on our roster!!!

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Our new HC won’t let an unproven 3rd round pick from a previously failed HC dictate how he handles his top pick. I get you like Corral and I see some potential with him but he is far from a sure thing right now and he desperately need a QB.

Never said he was a sure thing.  My point is that he should get an opportunity to compete for the job.  @stan786 implies that Corral won't get shot and will be nothing but an afterthought. 

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Never said he was a sure thing.  My point is that he should get an opportunity to compete for the job.  @stan786 implies that Corral won't get shot and will be nothing but an afterthought. 

I imply the new coach is going to give his QB he just drafted first overall every shot to win the starting job over Corral.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

And I am saying that is a foolish thing to do.  You give your young QBs an equal opportunity and whoever plays better wins the job.  

Its what every single coach in the NFL is going to do.  I have no commentary on how foolish it is, I can say if i'm betting on one try and develop its the guy who has the first overall pick talent.  You cant bet on Corral to be a Favre, Young, Brees, Warner type.

Edited by stan786

9 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Its what every single coach in the NFL is going to do.  I have no commentary on how foolish it is, I can say if i'm betting on one try and develop its the guy who has the first overall pick talent.  You cant bet on Corral to be a Favre, Young, Brees, Warner type.

Same as you can't bet on any of these QBs in this draft class to be Allen, Hebert or Burrows.  I good coach is going to put the best player out there regardless of draft order. 

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Same as you can't bet on any of these QBs in this draft class to be Allen, Hebert or Burrows.  I good coach is going to put the best player out there regardless of draft order. 

I mean one is more likely than the other, its not some slight on Corral.  I'm just so confused do you not watch the NFL and see how coaches generally want guys they draft unless they are already proven.  It happens constantly, a coach is probably drawn to this job because he gets to pick his QB its a job defining investment most of the time.

3 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I mean one is more likely than the other, its not some slight on Corral.  I'm just so confused do you not watch the NFL and see how coaches generally want guys they draft unless they are already proven.  It happens constantly, a coach is probably drawn to this job because he gets to pick his QB its a job defining investment most of the time.

I agree the new coach is going to give his opinion on who the best QB in the draft is and will want him to succeed. That said, any coach worth his salt is going to let them compete and if his pick is the better player than he'll start. However, if Corral outplays him he is not going to snub him and go with his pick just to prove his pick is right. Unless his name is Matt Rhule. 

This is also a unique situation where you have a QB that was drafted the previous year without any tape on him.  Corral has attributes that any coach would be happy to work with. 

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

That's a foolish approach.  You have to give Corral an opportunity to compete.  No one in here can truly say he's bust.  While the rookie may start the offseason as #1 you have to give both the opportunity to show what they can do.  

I'm not implying whatsoever that Corral is better than any QB in this draft but he should and most likely will get an opportunity to compete for the position.  

My point is, if he were to win than that #1 pick just went to waste.

He cannot even practice until august.   No way he beats out a top 3 pick.  Come on man.   

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I didnt watch one play of stroud, saw his stat line, 4 tds 66% with 1 int and a 80 yard bomb against a top 10 defense.  Clicks on the huddle and their are posters saying he is a bust and is terrible.  Hmmm, huddle going huddle I guess

His 1st 2 passes were dropped interceptions. 

I saw him blow easy throws early in the game.

He consistently had short fields starting drives inside the Iowa 40 and could only produce field goals.

His numbers went up as the Iowa D got exhausted. 

How many turnovers did Iowa have? 6 and I don't know if they had turnovers on downs but 3 fumbles and 3 ints most all giving OSU automatic points.

Edited by Catsfan69

5 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Well obviously you don’t draft him #1 with the idea of him being the backup. Reality is, Corral likely won’t get a real shot. It’ll be a competition that the #1 pick will win whether that is because of talent or draft position. 

If you give a guy the job on draft position and not because he gives you the best chance to win you should be fired.

The only thing that should matter is ability I don't care if it's #1 or UDFA