• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Foreman Vs Mike Davis?

micnificent28

If we resign it needs to be a short term deal.  I like him and think you need that kind of back when you need to pound the rock.  Davis was not really that kind of back he was somewhere between Foreman and McCaffrey.  I don't care about being a threat to score every time he touches the ball.  We need a chain mover to mix in.   

56 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He's not worth much money and I don't like backs that aren't a threat to score everytime they touch the ball.

Give him a  reasonable offer that's it.

He's  Benefiting from the best run blocking we've had in years.

Bozeman is probably the best center we've had in 4 to 5 years in the run game.

Who is this good center in the run game that we had as recently as 5 years ago that you're thinking of?

Agree with reasonable offer but no more.

Agree with the best run blocking in a long time.

I'm fine with a back that can consistently get you a first down every time they touch the ball. Backs who are a threat to score every time they touch it are extremely rare and cost too much money. Barry Sanders was the definition of threat to score every time he touched it. It did not lead the Lions to playoff success. 

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

He's not worth much money and I don't like backs that aren't a threat to score everytime they touch the ball.

Give him a  reasonable offer that's it.

He's  Benefiting from the best run blocking we've had in years.

Bozeman is probably the best center we've had in 4 to 5 years in the run game.

You are correct saying we have a good run blocking line.  That's what makes any very good backs a threat to score anytime they get the ball.  In my opinion he's worth a good contract.  Not over the top contract like a lot of teams give.  He's a very good back and deserves a reasonable payday.