• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Avs 7:30

Panthers Fan 69

Yeah I’m just not okay with a point. We thoroughly outplayed the AVS all game. Raanta let in one softie. Goal one was on Stall and goal 3 in OT was tough with a 3 on 2 break. But giving up 3 goals on 14 shots doesn’t “look good” is true. The fact is 48 shots to 14 should net you more goals and going bolo on five, FIVE, pp chances is starting to get old and 100% a contributor to some of our losses. Thought the whole team played really well against a supposed elite team. It’s frustrating to not walk away with 2 points after a performance like that. 

p.s. fix the fuging power play Rod, or fire whoever is responsible for its poo performance. 

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Cans will be fine guys.  Relax. Other that NJ and Boston every big contender is up and down.   Don’t be the panthers forum. Our team is really good. Losing happens. 

relax and enjoy this team.  

Understand.

But, when you have the opportunity to play the defending Stanley Cup champs only twice on your schedule all season, and, in the first game, you underwhelm and look completely ill-prepared to face an excellent team; and in the second game you play exceptionally well, put 40 shots or so on goal and still come up short...

In my book, if you play poorly and lose- it's still a loss. If you play extremely well and lose- it's still a loss also. And it shows what you're capable of against a championship caliber team.

Those 2 games against the Avs were measuring sticks. They were a barometer of where this team is right now.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Cans will be fine guys.  Relax. Other that NJ and Boston every big contender is up and down.   Don’t be the panthers forum. Our team is really good. Losing happens. 

relax and enjoy this team.  

Dont tell me how to post on a message board meant to share opinions. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Understand.

But, when you have the opportunity to play the defending Stanley Cup champs only twice on your schedule all season, and, in the first game, you underwhelm and look completely ill-prepared to face an excellent team; and in the second game you play exceptionally well, put 40 shots or so on goal and still come up short...

In my book, if you play poorly and lose- it's still a loss. If you play extremely well and lose- it's still a loss also. And it shows what you're capable of against a championship caliber team.

Those 2 games against the Avs were measuring sticks. They were a barometer of where this team is right now.

We are not playing as a cohesive team, on top of that some days we’re on and some we’re way off. I need to see some consistency that we saw the past few years. And I need to see us step up to the competition, unlike last year. We usually started like poo until the season after Covid under Rod anywho. But if we don’t start picking it up come January we’ll be fighting for a wildcard at this pace. Max could help a lot. But I really feel this team is a far cry from what we had the past two years.

Addendum: We put big money on Max so to speak and I feel like the rest of our roster is suffering because of it. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1