• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ellis Williams. Char observer on top 4 QBs Note, This is not in depth

Varking

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's basically saying Stroud isn't good enough for the NFL yet.

Pauline is a pretty well known draft analyst, but this isn't a widely held opinion.

Oh yeah most college QBs aren’t. There is usually several weeks or longer of learning and still a lot of growing pains their rookie years. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Oh yeah most college QBs aren’t. There is usually several weeks or longer of learning and still a lot of growing pains their rookie years. 

Granted, but they have to meet a certain threshold to be ready for that, especially to be worthy of a first round pick.

Pauline is the only guy I've seen saying Stroud doesn't meet that standard.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Granted, but they have to meet a certain threshold to be ready for that, especially to be worthy of a first round pick.

Pauline is the only guy I've seen saying Stroud doesn't meet that standard.

Since the advent of social media, I feel like there has been way more group think on QB prospects. Not talking about Pauline here, but people that think of themselves as "experts" latch on to a take and stick with it and don't change their opinions. Everybody and their mother said the 2021 class was "can't miss" and they've been extremely underwhelming so far.

Credit to Pauline here for having a different take. I don't want anything to do with Stroud. I don't think he can lead a franchise. He was horrible when it counted yesterday. The Big Ten was horrendous this year and it is fair to question if he can operate without insanely elite WR's and adjust to what open windows are in the NFL.

I like Bryce the best, but the frame really concerns me. Not a fan of this QB class overall though.

• Pie 1

I think if your top 5 there are lot of options, take your edge and you can always trade back in for a Levi's/Richardson or take a Penix/Duggan in the second. I think what Stroud really lacks is that leadership quality that you get no doubt from a Young/Levis/Penix/Duggan.

Edited by Jaxel