• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

20 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Justin Fields on this team, albeit without Horn, would be exciting to watch and likely quite competitive on the offensive side of the ball.  But that also assumes Field isn't ruined by Rhule and I'm not sure on that.

You guys always use the term exciting to watch when you talk about these guys.

What exactly excites you? Please be specific. 

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Seems to be purely passing stats in isolation, and almost has to be a focus on yardage based on that comment. Cam had the highest passing TD% of any QB in that year in addition to 45 total. 

Passing is what matters.

Did you see that SOB Brady last night? Even as old and washed as he is he passed them to a win.

What Allen did a couple of weeks ago with like 45 seconds left? He didn't win the game running two big air strikes and they win.

What Mahomes did in the playoffs vs the Bills. What was it 13 seconds?

You can't win close games late in the NFL with legs from the QB position. You just can't. Especially not repeatedly. 

This has been proven over and over and over.

I want an elite passer first. Then him being mobile is a bonus.

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Dude give up your troll. You are officially the new Sizzle/Chuck/current troll…

I don't hate Cam he was a good player.

I appreciate him as a great human.

I have always hated people getting more worship than they deserve tho. 

He was good but not elite. He should have made us forget Brady was ever born with his Natural talent and I will always think he underachived.

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

I don't hate Cam he was a good player.

I appreciate him as a great human.

I have always hated people getting more worship than they deserve tho. 

He was good but not elite. He should have made us forget Brady was ever born with his Natural talent and I will always think he underachived.

He didn’t “underachieve,” we failed to give him a decent OL, weapons outside of Olsen, or a good OC. He won MVP and took us to the Super Bowl with Remmers at RT in which our staff failed to make any adjustments while Von Miller had he way with him, Cotchery, Ginn, and Corey Brown as his WRs and Shula as his OC…

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Passing is what matters.

Did you see that SOB Brady last night? Even as old and washed as he is he passed them to a win.

What Allen did a couple of weeks ago with like 45 seconds left? He didn't win the game running two big air strikes and they win.

What Mahomes did in the playoffs vs the Bills. What was it 13 seconds?

You can't win close games late in the NFL with legs from the QB position. You just can't. Especially not repeatedly. 

This has been proven over and over and over.

I want an elite passer first. Then him being mobile is a bonus.

Passing is important first and foremost, but let's not pretend like the most elite QBs are constantly in the Super Bowl.  Tom Brady, the biggest outlier in NFL history, really skews the stats.  For fun let's look at the Super Bowl winners other than TB during the TB era (going back to 2002).

Matt Stafford - Not Elite

Pat Mahomes - Elite

Nick Foles - Not Elite

Peyton Manning - Not Elite for his Broncos win

Russell Wilson - Not Elite

Joe Flacco - Not Elite

Eli Manning - Not Elite

Aaron Rodgers - Elite

Drew Brees - Elite

Big Ben - Not Elite

Eli Manning - Not Elite

Peyton Manning - Elite

Big Ben - Not Elite

Brad Johnson - Not Elite

So out of 14 non-Tom Brady wins, 10 of those were from QBs that were not top tier during their run.  If we only go back to 2010, there are 9 non-Tom Brady wins and only 3 of those were from top-tier QBs.  How many years have the Packers, Saints and Colts with Manning failed in the playoffs?  Having a top tier QB would be great, but lets not pretend that's what it takes to win a SB.

Just because a running QB like Vick has not won the SB does not mean that you need one of the best 2-3 QBs in the league to win.  In fact, history would indicate that there's more to it than that.

• Pie 1