• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks' word vs. Rhule's

Icege

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Funny you mention the Ravens because they're not built all that differently from us.  Yes the obvious difference is that they have Lamar Jackson, but he's essentially an extension of the run game.  At the end of the day they're built around a low-volume efficient pass game (limiting turnovers), playing tough defense, and cramming the ball down your throat in the run game while controlling the clock. 

Do you think the Ravens are capable of winning a Super Bowl with Lamar?  Or do you think they should get rid of Lamar and overhaul their entire offensive philosophy considering they're routinely towards the top of the league in rushing and bottom of the league in passing?  I'm genuinely curious because I hear a lot of people talk about how you need a dangerous passing attack to win in this league but those same people seem to generally consider the Ravens and Lamar Jackson as formidable contenders...which seems conflicting to me.

I’d say the Ravens are a LOT different than us.

Their offense runs through a dynamic playmaker at QB.    Which is a drastically different run to defend than running Hubbard/Foreman at folks.    What you are defending and the stress on the opposing defense is nothing alike.  It’s like prime Cam.  That’s not a comp O to what we are.  Cam and Lamar alter every down. 

Give me Lamar all day.  Easy.  We aren’t comparable. 

And we only have won games against teams in the bottom half of the league in run defense.   

The Panthers rush attack has been non-existent vs teams in the top half of the league in rush defense without CMC.  64 and 36 yards.  And that is with QBs and WRs adding to the total.  Ravens run on everyone.  They probably are averaging over 150+ vs the top half in rush defense. 

On 12/12/2022 at 4:26 PM, CRA said:

I think McDermott lucked into Cam Newton Vol 2.  McD falls into the DC camp of HCs. 

I'd rather have McVay, Shanahan, Reid, type coach instead of a McD.  Because they can win with Jimmy G or Alex Smith or Goff.  

I can definitely understand that. But, look how those guys are mortgaging their future to win now on both sides of the ball. Those two teams have traded more picks to get draft position and players than almost anyone in the last five years.