• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Landri

slumdogmillionaire

Panthers sign DT Derek Landri:

Panthers claimed DT Derek Landri off waivers from the Jaguars.

A worthwhile pickup for Carolina. At 282 pounds, Landri won't solve the Panthers' run defense woes, but he is more explosive than current backup "three technique" Nick Hayden. He's also signed cheaply through 2010.

Source: Darin Gantt on Twitter

The guy is very solid. I think the Panthers will have a lot of competition at the position next year.

When big kemo steps on the field again these guys are going to be out....plenty of trade bait in my view.

Kemo might not be back as the starter- coming into this season that was a problem b/c of lack of depth and b/c Kemo was one dimensional......now add in a possible new coach to that?

overall we have some great guys NOW at DT and should be able to make things work next year. Kemo I think will be part of a bigger rotation.

When big kemo steps on the field again these guys are going to be out....plenty of trade bait in my view.
i don't know...gantt pointed out that this is the third DT we have "rescued" from a team changing form a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. we'll probably have more coming our way, actually. by the time all is said and done the DL will probably be as stacked as the OL was last year.

i wonder how many 4-3 DEs who couldn't find a place at OLB or DE in a 3-4 we are going to get in the offseason? not sure there is a huge need but if we relieve ourselves from the peppers burden that need might be there.

this makes me wonder if we are going to go with a 5 man DL with 3 DTs the rest of the season some times. that would make for an interesting pass rush.

without a viable option at WLB i would rather us go with only 2 LBs and use either 5 DBs or 5 DL and let beason and diggs/connor/anderson take care of the middle of the field.

btw...just saw from gantt that tank was put on IR as well to make room for Landri. 10th player on IR this year.

i don't know...gantt pointed out that this is the third DT we have "rescued" from a team changing form a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. we'll probably have more coming our way, actually. by the time all is said and done the DL will probably be as stacked as the OL was last year.

i wonder how many 4-3 DEs who couldn't find a place at OLB or DE in a 3-4 we are going to get in the offseason? not sure there is a huge need but if we relieve ourselves from the peppers burden that need might be there.

this makes me wonder if we are going to go with a 5 man DL with 3 DTs the rest of the season some times. that would make for an interesting pass rush.

without a viable option at WLB i would rather us go with only 2 LBs and use either 5 DBs or 5 DL and let beason and diggs/connor/anderson take care of the middle of the field.

btw...just saw from gantt that tank was put on IR as well to make room for Landri. 10th player on IR this year.

I think Jarvis Moss could be an interesting pick up from the broncos. He's stuck in the 3-4. Maybe he could find a home in the 4-3.

I think Jarvis Moss could be an interesting pick up from the broncos. He's stuck in the 3-4. Maybe he could find a home in the 4-3.
maybe. he's an interesting prospect. kind of an underachiever, though. borderline headcase. thought about retiring cause he didn't like having to move to a 3-4 and didn't think he fit. dude's only 25 years old and was drafted in '07. who does that?

still, might be decent in another locale and situation. he'd be cheap enough. 17th pick in the first round in '07. maybe could be had for a 6th or 7th rounder. he could even be cut. in 3 years only 19 tackles 3.5 sacks, 1 FF and 1 PD....not exactly someone you hold onto for dear life.

Archived