• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Landri

slumdogmillionaire

Yeah.but we still had the first crack at him when the steelers were going to sign him.
that was one of the dumber things we've done. wouldn't have saved the season but it sure would have helped to have another able bodied DT around.

of course he probably would have been put on IR as well eventually.

care to find that and bump it up or repost what you wrote?

Won't bother bumping it, but it can be seen here (link)

Only mentioned Landri's name as a possibility. Didn't include him in the list of prospects. The reason? I did research him, but didn't have enough positive feelings about him to want him as an option :(

i don't know...gantt pointed out that this is the third DT we have "rescued" from a team changing form a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. we'll probably have more coming our way, actually. by the time all is said and done the DL will probably be as stacked as the OL was last year.

i wonder how many 4-3 DEs who couldn't find a place at OLB or DE in a 3-4 we are going to get in the offseason? not sure there is a huge need but if we relieve ourselves from the peppers burden that need might be there.

this makes me wonder if we are going to go with a 5 man DL with 3 DTs the rest of the season some times. that would make for an interesting pass rush.

without a viable option at WLB i would rather us go with only 2 LBs and use either 5 DBs or 5 DL and let beason and diggs/connor/anderson take care of the middle of the field.

btw...just saw from gantt that tank was put on IR as well to make room for Landri. 10th player on IR this year.

diggs/connor/anderson? Why them, when Davis is soooomuch better.

Yeah.but we still had the first crack at him when the steelers were going to sign him.

He was a Steelers draft pick, spent all camp with them. We claimed him when they waived him, but eventually, stashed him on our practice squad. They opened a spot on their roster with an IR move and signed him back. There is no right of first refusal. If he wanted gone, he's gone.

He was a Steelers draft pick, spent all camp with them. We claimed him when they waived him, but eventually, stashed him on our practice squad. They opened a spot on their roster with an IR move and signed him back. There is no right of first refusal. If he wanted gone, he's gone.

When a team wants to sign someone else off another teams PS.the team were he is at has first dips..thats the rule.

Archived